hypertech tune question

When i bought this truck the guy be4 had a hypertech tune on it which is pointless because it is a stock engine. But he has it tuned for 91 octane will running 86 gas be bad for it?

Do you have the programmer??

No I tried to get it back from the guy so I could revert it but he said the screen on it was broken (said it was a touchscreen one)

You should be running 91 anyway, that is what our trucks were designed for. Anything less will mean less power and worse MPGs

this ^

and you can get a custom tune from a sponser of site to optimize stuff to your needs. wheatly, zippy, blackbear, ect

this ^

and you can get a custom tune from a sponser of site to optimize stuff to your needs. wheatly, zippy, blackbear, ect

This

You should be running 91 anyway, that is what our trucks were designed for. Anything less will mean less power and worse MPGs

This too lol

His is a 5.3 engine so he doesnt have to run 91-93 like the lq9's but if its "tuned" for 91 then use 91

Yeah sorry copied and pasted from another forum forgot to mention mine wasnt a 6.0, but thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...

If it is tuned for 91 you will want to run that in it until you get the tune put back to stock. Keep in mind though that 87 octane is the minimum you should run in it and that seriously is minimum. The stock 5.3L will commonly get KR with 87 octane in there even with the stock tune so I would recommend 89 octane even stock. The price diffence per tank is about $2.00 per tank for 89 over 87.

BTW, since this is an SSS forum you should put your truck info in the post if it isn't an SSS because rightfully so it will be assumed that you have an SSS. Not being mean, but it will help your case at times when asking questions.