Converter, cooler install and flush

alright im gearing up to install my Vig3600 along with the trucool 40k. Anything i should look out for while install?

correct me if im wrong but i will need DEX VI 13 quarts? 5 will go in the converter before install and the rest in the trans which will fill up the lines and cooler?

Also which filter and gasket do we use: the shollow pan 4l60 or the deep pan 4l60 ? Im going to also change out the rear main seal while im in there just to be safe.

Am I missing anything else here? I know the install is pretty straight forward for both.

alright im gearing up to install my Vig3600 along with the trucool 40k. Anything i should look out for while install?

correct me if im wrong but i will need DEX VI 13 quarts? 5 will go in the converter before install and the rest in the trans which will fill up the lines and cooler?

Also which filter and gasket do we use: the shollow pan 4l60 or the deep pan 4l60 ? Im going to also change out the rear main seal while im in there just to be safe.

Am I missing anything else here? I know the install is pretty straight forward for both.

As you said it is a pretty straight forward install

As for fluid, just get a case and you should have one or two quarts left over. Also shallow pan.

You also dont need to replace the rear main if its not leaking.

One thing to remember is when you are installing the new converter, make sure you hear three clunks when you are installing it. This will ensure it gets mated with the pump drive gear. Also dont get rammy with it as you will break the drive gear inside.

Check gap from flex plate mounting lug to converter lug should be like .093 - .1875 I think. Clean bolt and converter threads with degreaser. Check to make sure bolts don't bottom out in converter. Use red lock tight. I choose to let the truck sit for 12 hours or so after install to make sure lock tight is set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Good points Brad. Forgot to mention loctite. If you have have seen or heard converter bolts come loose you will remember this lol

Not saying i did this but i know soneone that has

haha yes yes iv seen them come loose as well. and for seating the converter, iv never payed attention to how many clicks. iv always slid them on and slowly and without force slid them on wiggling them until you know they are seated in all the way without jamming it. iv done a bunch of trans swaps, never installed an aftermarket converter yet. We shall see how she launches after install. :greddy:

Good points Brad. Forgot to mention loctite. If you have have seen or heard converter bolts come loose you will remember this lol

Not saying i did this but i know soneone that has

I'm going on three times...and I used loctite every time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2