wtb 03-07 dic clockspring

dmonotjr

Hey guys, im in search for a good used clockspring for my 07' classic. i just purchased a slightly used wheel with controls from a member here. but my truck did not come with this option from factory. honestly, im a lil short on cash at the moment (lost my 2nd job), but i can spend at most $100 with shipping. can anyone help me out? thanks, Dennis

yes, that is a pretty good price, no doublt. but im limited on my budget for the moment- till i get another 2nd job. i did locate a complete column with wheel, good airbag, clockspring,6 mth warranty,etc... for $100 shipped on ebay. just waiting to hear back from seller on details.

Have to watch the EBay columns. There is no way to lock the column and its a crap shoot whether the spring survives the shipping. Clarify to the seller to duct tape the output side of the column as you need it with the clock spring.

yeah, i set the seller a message about locking the column prior to removal to prevent wheel "free spin". just have to wait to hear back from them. the column doesnt come with the airbag, no biggie, i have my own to reuse. just glad that their airbag was not deployed- so the clockspring should be in good useable condition.

well, i didnt get the ebay column, found a smoking deal on one from semi local salvage yard. i removed the wheel and clock spring off my column, rremoved the wheel and clock spring off the donor column. found an awesome write up on doing this conversion! re-centered clockspring and install on my column, and the dic works!!! installing the aftermarket radio interface tomorrow to get those controls to work. i didnt need to get my bcm reflashed from the dealer either...! the clock spring i used was part number 26113964 rather than the "famous" 26101829 clock spring. thanks guys for looking out for one for me. thanks for the offer Time2Kill. cleansss20, what about yours do not work? can you be more specific on "what isnt working"?

im not 100% on this, but it seem like the clock spring just went out. did you do any work to your truck just before this started happening? like maybe disconnect the steering shaft to install headers or something like that? i read that if the clockspring gets rotated beyond 2.5 rotations from its "center" setting- that it can get ruined.

• 2 years later...

If you get one off ebay, just make sure it's the correct part # and not damaged.

As said above, I have them for $160 shipped. I have sold quite a few of them on here.

Hey Time2Kill do you by chance still get the gm clock springs with steering wheel controls? In it just the clock spring itself, or oem clock spring & harness ?

I have the harness and clock spring on my part out for 90 bucks shipped. I have a question for everyone. I know for a fact that this thing has been spun beyond center several times due to the cab being removed from the frame. Is it Junk or can it be saved? If it is junk I need to know so I don't sell someone a pos.

Thanks

I have the harness and clock spring on my part out for 90 bucks shipped. I have a question for everyone. I know for a fact that this thing has been spun beyond center several times due to the cab being removed from the frame. Is it Junk or can it be saved? If it is junk I need to know so I don't sell someone a pos.

Thanks

Pretty sure it's junk. Someone should have looped the seat belt through the wheel to prevent that. That's what I do to prevent that from happening when you disconnect the steering shaft. Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

Yep, as EXGM it's junk unfortunately. There actually are people who splice that ribbon wire back together, but most times doesn't work and if it does (remember it's constantly moving while you drive) do you trust it to not lose connection and possibly not have an airbag? Lol

BTW I think I have an extra good one I would sell if anyone is interested.

Is it Junk or can it be saved?

The clock spring has seven turns from lock to lock. Slowly turn the wheel one way or the other, in seven turns or less you should feel the wheel tighten up then stop. If it stops, its good, if it keeps spinning, or you hear a slapping noise, its bad. Just do it gently, doesn't take much to rip it up.