Cluster problem

So randomly my cluster will not turn on with the start up of my truck. All the gauges stay dormant, the idiot lights will flash for a second like normal. the a/c heat digital display works just fine and radio works normal. My Check engine soon light is lit due to another reason p0466 but that does however stay lit while the dash doesn't respond. To get it to work I tap the plastic cover and most of the time it comes to life. Only once out of there I have had to smack the top of the dash for it to work...idk here guys I have never had the dash apart so I don't think I had done something to do with it.

It's definitely a gauge cluster problem. We've seen this hundreds of times and we've also sold plenty of replacement lenses because of it lol. Make sure you don't hit the lens too hard as it will break. The issues you are experiencing is one of the many that we fix with a full rebuild. Let me know if you have any other questions.

http://www.gmgaugeguy.com/

Steve