truck is sick and needs some sss.com lovin

tayldss

Went to the carwash lastnight and once I pulled out the truck started to run rough as if it were missing. On the way home the CEL starts to flash then went solid. Scanned the code and sure enough, p0300 multiple cylinder misfire. Checked filter and didn't seem wet.

I haven't had time to dig into it yet. Thankfully my brother is letting me use his car to get to work next couple days.

Any ideas what could be wrong? thanks in advance

Hmm weird one of the plugs pop off the coilpack?? That happened to me once pull the covers and check make sure there is no lose connections with the wires

No cats with obx longtubes. I'll have to check coil pack connections..they're original and truck just hit 216,000 miles the other day. Is there a big difference in aftermarket coil packs?

yea coil packs should be fine, the plug wire might of poped off or that or the plug itself... maybe time for a tuneup? changing all plugs and wires

I drove through the automated carwash. Done it a million times. Buddy of mine mentioned hood seal could be leaking onto the coil pack? He's had that happen and went through 4 coil packs in 6 months before figuring it out..but he's a Ford guy...

Not sure when I last put new plugs and wires but I know its been done before. Might have been 60k+ miles ago

Yep looked into it more lastnight and found a few spark plug wires arcing to my longtubes. Looked into it it even further and found misfires on 1, 3, 4, AND 7. Luckily we run 8 under the hood eh :jester:

New plugs and wires on this morning and the truck is back running great.

Next is brakes front/rear and hopefully the right wheel bearing holds together a bit longer... the month of May has been a moneypit so far.

Thanks to all for the help

I have fiberglass socks from NAPA and replaced the rear four because they'd been melted or worn thru.

Picked up a couple extra too so maybe double-socking it ain't a bad idea

lol :jerk:

I'm having the same problem with my back 2 plug wires in the drivers side with those damn OBX's. I was thinking of making 2 cut to fit wires for those. But I had been just wrapping them with the DEI shield wrap