Modded SS, worrysome.

Mays

I'm a former Traiblazer SS owner, just about signed papers on a Silverado SS today but wanted to do a little research before.

It's an 06 with 34K miles. Dealership is looking for $19,900 which seems about right. From what I can see looks like it's been lowered. All of the stock parts are under a bed cover.

additional mods are an exhaust that's entirely too loud and a nasty little cam. Full headers as well. There's a diablo tuner in the glove box.

Drove the truck today for about an hour and it's solid. Pulls strong. Here's my worry. Shift points seem entirely too high. Tach pegs on 6 under WOT and still seems a bit before shift. I don't know the previous owner but it makes me a little leary to pick up a truck that I don't know the nature of the mods or that tune.

Here's a vid of it...let me know if I should be worried.

if thats the shift point right when you let out of it i wouldnt be to worried doesnt seem to high mines around that 6300-6500 . even so if you buy the truck get a real tune and you can get your shift points setup where you like em . id assume its got springs pushrods , can you tell if its got a stall ? id consider a little transmission work to .

It seems like it has a convertor by the video but not sure how big. Next time you drive it, put it in gear and hold the brake and slowly push the gas. Watch the RPM until you feel the truck wanting to move. The stall speed will be within a few hundred RPMs of what the tach shows.

I think the exhaust sounds good, I would change a thing or be worried about it.

That exhaust is too loud? Hate to hear what youd have to say about my truck, lol. Sounds healthy, low miles and with a cam and even a small stall a shift point of 6100-6300 should be fine. But I agree with everyone else, first order of business would be to get yourself a real tune. I cant imagine how far off it is being cammed with a hand held tuner. Welcome to the site!

06 w 34K ?? I'd buy it just based on that. When miles are kept low and mods done like that it's usually by someone who is an enthusiast lol. That means if it's anyone like us, we treat are trucks well.