my tune

Black Beast

So... long story short in outline format.

Bought a used 06 SS

Dude told me that it had a "eco tune" and gave me paperwork

I called company

Dude says that tuner no longer works for them and that he had all the tune info... "Sorry"

Now, how can I get the stock tune back? Will the dealership re-tune it to stock? Im going to get a performance tune later on, but I'd like to bring her back from "eco" land....

Just hope that the pcm isn't locked or you'll probably be looking at buying a new one. If the tuner isn't around anymore

Just hope that the pcm isn't locked or you'll probably be looking at buying a new one. If the tuner isn't around anymore

nice...ugh. I was thinking about getting another after market tune, but as far as I knew, the new tuner would take my "old eco" tune, and tune from there... Is that true, or can they make a completely new tune based on standard stock specs?

So whould you guys go with Zippy or Blackbear? How does that work also? I have to buy some equipment that I plug into my truck and they just email me a tune or something? Im new to the tuning thing guys... Im sure most of you are shaking your head... haha. Thanks in advance

Its boils down to preference, when I had a cai and 165°stat I had black bear do a tune and it was a night and day difference I have recently had Zippy tune my truck because I bought a cam from him and the truck seems to run strong.

Either way you will be happy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Edited by kissfans03ss (see edit history)

I only know a limited amount on how Blackbear works....but I can tell you that if you call Zippy he can explain the process to you and what's involved. You could also email him if that's more convenient but a phone call usually prompts a quicker response :)

His email: [email protected]

Phone number: (702)406-0333

Zippy has tuned so many trucks with very similar mods that he can just overwrite your current tune with an all new performance tune, or he has stock tunes to....but it makes no sense to go back to stock. However, he always goes through tunes and makes them custom for you and your preferences....based on his base tunes not what someone else has started/done. You'll never see any part of your old tune again and get a great tune for your truck. You'll have to ask him about his update policy, but I know you never pay for the full price tune again.

Truth be told any good tuner, and certainly black bear, will make you a new custom tune, not built off your existing tune. But I am personally biased to zippy as he has put my truck where it is today and is a close personal friend to boot.

I totally agree with Brad. Zippy is the man. A very nice guy he's answered alot of questions for me and is in a league of his own in the tuning dept.