Dodge has gotta go bye-bye now!

2003Chevy

Dodge is starting to get on my last nerve. First they have success with their piece of junk 1500 series trucks and now they want to use a more powerful diesel engine than GM's? Not only that they are using a 5.7 Magnum Hemi that outpowers the Vortec 8.1. That's right I said 5.7. They make more power and torque than our Vortec 8.1 and our Duramax 6.6. I even read an article saying that those stupid Ram HDs take off like nothing and offer a car-like ride. I think thats BS. They are still going to use the piece of crap V-10 as an extra engine. Does anybody know when GM is going to update the Vortec engines and the Durmax Diesel? Having a cheap company trying to be better than Chevy is pure BS! I forgot, they claim to have higher tow ratings. I really wish GM would update their engines now. :angry:

I saw the reports some time ago, last I read, the 5.7L had 350 HP, but no where near the 455 lb-ft. of torque that the 8.1L has. The same way, the new diesel has 5 more HP, and not more torque, than Chevy's. It's one-ups-manship, but it's a blatent attempt at outselling Chevy by making the figure that doesn't count, HP, higher than the one that does, torque, and saying that they're more powerful. When I researched it, I found the torque curve WAY to high in the powerband, although things may change. It won't last guys, the news will get out about the bottom end. Especially in the heavy trucks.

Just a suggestion Hot-rod- you may want to shrink that pic in your sig- it covers up the following persons post :blink:

Putting a postive spin on this- the 8.1L outpowers Dodges 488CID V-10 but......who knows what the 505CID version will

crank out. Sorry to see the Dura-max was only class leading for one year.

GM should put the 6.0 or at minimum a 5.7 Vortec in the 1500 series.

Hey at least were whuppin Ford's lame Modualr engnines! :P

Still that Dodgew Hemi looks damn impressive....if they put that in a Dakota R/T....that would fly

• 1 month later...

Hey, I just had a thought, stop being biased! You are pretty much saying that the Dodge trucks are better, but you STILL hate them. Just accept the fact that Dodge trucks are the best. When GM updates their engines and they are creating more power and better trucks, then I will like their trucks more. Plain and simple. You only limit yourselves to one kind of truck and if you can get a better one for teh same price, you don't take the oppertunity, why? Because you are biased if you think Dodge still sucks after admitting they are better.

Archived