Might be going truck shopping this weekend have a few questions

Ruben525

So it's been about a month since I sold the SS and I'm getting tired of not having something nice to drive. This weekend is memorial day and there are a few deals going on at the dealership problem is that I've always said I would never buy new because I never wanted to pay high tags and taxes on it. I've been looking on craigslist and in the camera adds and can't find anything. What do you guys think new vs used? I'm good at talking people down but anybody have any tricks or ways of getting the price down at the dealership even lower? I have a good chuck of cash to put down since I still have the money I got from the SS I heard to not say anything about putting cash down till almost the end of the deal dose it matter? How is the warranty can I lower the truck or do anything to the truck without voiding it? Anyway what I'm looking for is a quad cab Sierra I'm hoping to find one with a sun roof ever since the SS I feel like I have to have a sun roof lol

Edited by Ruben525 (see edit history)

It really doesnt matter, your better off to tell them you have money down but dont go to the point of saying how much right at first. The sales person will try and put you in something with a high price tag. Just say your not sure how much you want to put down yet, it all depends on the vehicle.

This is what i do. Tell them what your looking for, and have your maximum price range that you want to spend already established. Dont get all excited, or rush to test drive it. The salesman will do that for you and push you to drive it. I always tell them I know how it drives, I have driven them before. Pretend like your interested but not all gun hoe on bringing it home today.... I wait until I talk to them about price, how much im willing to put down, what the interest will be with the credit score at hand, and the total price after tax title and license, before I drive it. Thats the dealers in when they know you like it and then they have all the time in the world to sweeten you up on the truck. Normally I look for that same vehicle on cars.com etc with lower miles etc with the lower price, and then bring that up. Say for instance the vehicle is 22K after all the crap.... I tell them ill give you $19K with tax etc.... They can always go lower. I normally am not the up beat everyday person. I act very serious, dont joke around with them like they like to do to get on your good side. Im to the point and thats it. I dont care if they dont like it, Its my money..... It helps with all the games they like to play. Just make sure you watch and look over everything before signing it. They are good at making you think you got the truck for this amount, this payment for so many months, but dont tell you the interest rate or include tax, title and license. I always add another $1000 to $1,100 for the tax etc so I can do the math in my head first.

Warranty will be void depending on the dealer if you lower it etc. They can say the trans went due to the this or that and use the aftermarket stuff against you. Some dealers wouldnt even notice. Make sure you spend the time to look around, and dont jump on the first one you see and like. I look at it as it wasnt meant to be if you dont get that exact one. One will pop up and you will be glad you didnt buy one on impulse.

You should probably go down to Richland in shafter, there service is pretty good about dealing with aftermarket parts and warranty. I've never had them give me shit about the duramax being modded even with the lift they still warrantied suspension parts on it.

I personally don't like to pay the mark up of a new car just to see it depreciate as your driving away, but nothing like owning a car new.

And the salesman is always going try and catch you with there stupid monthly payment plans, they'll ask you what your comfortable with monthly and leave the room and come back with a lower payment every time. Trying to make it seem as if there reducing the price when all there doing is extending your yearly term. I take there pen and write down the sale price that there asking and write down what I want to pay and ask them to adjust the numbers for the sale price not the monthly payment. Personally if I don't like the deal I'd walk but if you gotta have the truck at the moment then it's up to you lol everyone usually just pays the cost cuz there excited.

But good luck, and congrats. You miss the SSS yet?

If you want to drive down south go to Rydell Chevy in Northridge. They're policy is to sell 500-800 over invoice. It's where I bought both my SSs. I paid 29K for a bran new 06 and 16K for a used 06 in 08. Excellent prices.

They have a 13 Crew Cab Silvy with the 6.2, LT package right now. 4x4 too, no traction issues if you want to launch.

http://www.chevynorthridge.com/VehicleDetails/new-2013-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_LT-Northridge-CA/1825765703

It's even blue that I know you like :)

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Thanks for all the good info guys. I would love a denali there bad ass I feel in love when I seen it but not sure if I wanna pay that much. I'm thinking about heading over to look at trucks right now just to get an idea but I heard there cheaper in LA so I might just head south if I decide to pick one up. If I get just a Sierra I should have it paid off in 6 months to a year but if get a denali ill be paying for a lil while and I hate have payments.