A few pics of this week's progress VERY PIC HEAVY

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! That's def a great fan upgrade for anyone with clutch type fan and great trans cooler for everyone! We got crazy hot summer here in tx too, so ill be doing one before too long as well.

BBP advised me to stay stock on T-stat temp

A 180' t-stat is one step down from your stock at 195' I believe. And I don't think it would require retuning like a 160' would in the timing... I ran about 190-195' with the 180'stat and 205-210' with the stock one. I run now at 170-180 with the 160' t-stat but like stated due to opening sooner at low temps and overall cooler running at operating temps I was able to adjust the timing for a little gain in performance... Every little bit helps... But the 180' was more for peace of mind of just cooler running engine on a FI motor...

I normally run at 195 now

I am cammed, milled heads, and FI so my temps ran higher than it would on a stockish motor... I would think you would run 180-190' operating temps LOL But your CA and I am in MN so a big difference in average temps... I see 90's and very high humidity like 2 months out of the year otherwise its 70's and 80's for 3-4 months and 20's to -40's in the winters LMAO But I don't drive Genesisss in the winter :jester: