A few pics of this week's progress VERY PIC HEAVY

That's a beefy looking cooler, how much did that set you back?

I just got my truck back with a built trans and stall, I have the tru cool or whatever it's called, but just haven't gotten around to installing it. Any parts numbers on the hoses and fittings you used? That seems like a more simple and very clean install.

The cooler was like $259 at Jegs with my military discount. Normally its about $300 I think. No numbers on the fittings or hose. I made several trips to my local hydraulic shop. I had them run the hose, match the fittings for my transmission and radiator. Its -6 Teflon hose, 1/4" NPT to -6 AN fittings on the trans, forgot the radiator size but it's inverted flare. All fittings are -6 AN.

I went that route so I wouldn't have to deal with the shitty push in pipes with the paper clip holding them in. Also looks cleaner with they hydraulic line and no rubber hose going to the cooler.

It also added about 1.5 quarts to my trans fluid capacity and I rarely see trans temps above 150F under normal driving now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic