Belt squeal...

Blazerdave2000

Ever since I installed my supercharger, only when I'm kinda getting hard on the throttle when my truck shifts the belt will do a quick squeal. I installed a brand new belt, that didn't fix it. Just today I installed a brand new idler pulley and tensioner. Took it for a quick ride still does the same thing. Belt is nice and tight everything is in alignment can't think of anything else it could be.

Anyone of you guys have this problem or any ideas what's going on with this???

Thanks.....

X2 your not the only one I don't have a supercharger but when I get on it and it shifts it squeals and I put all new belts on and and my tensioners are new

I have the same issue with my truck.... driving me crazy

Joe get the size off the belt and get a gator back. I've tried the dayco belts twice now and they squeal horrible. Both times I replaced with a gator back and it stopped instantly. Just did it a couple of days ago as a matter of fact when I relocated the idler pulley.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

They have good deals over at amaZon I just ordered mine. Just took the number off the belt I have from auto zone and got the length and went to gatorback website and found one that exact length and took the part number over to amazon...

Joe get the size off the belt and get a gator back. I've tried the dayco belts twice now and they squeal horrible. Both times I replaced with a gator back and it stopped instantly. Just did it a couple of days ago as a matter of fact when I relocated the idler pulley.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Where did you get yours... been to autozone down by me... they don't sell them anymore... why did you relocate the idler pulley??