radio LOCKED

Sold my factory BOSE 6 disc to a member from my area. Put it in on thursday for him. It worked fine. Shut his truck down,started it back up to pull it out of the shop it said locked. How can i get this unlocked without spending 50/100 @ the dealership?

Just got a call from one of my buddies who works at a speed shop. He has a gm tech 2 scanner. He said he will hook it up for a bottle of captain. Works for me cause ill probably wind up drinking most of it anyway!

Just got a call from one of my buddies who works at a speed shop. He has a gm tech 2 scanner. He said he will hook it up for a bottle of captain. Works for me cause ill probably wind up drinking most of it anyway!

depending on how it unlocks, that might not even work... some unlock by just a tech2, some you have to call and get the unlock code, some you have to program through gm's website... I think this is one you have to call, but you have to have a dealer number.

edit: I just checked on Service Information, you have to program it, unless your friend can program, your S.O.L. unless you go to the dealer.

Edited by battousai (see edit history)

• 5 months later...