New Sierra Denali specs and pics.

I'm really liking this new Denali, I thought it kinda of odd that they are now using the 5.3 standard instead of the big motor like they always have?

http://www.autotrader.com/research/article/car-news/208091/2014-gmc-sierra-denali-officially-revealed.jsp?LNX=SOMEDFBGENPOST

Im pissed about the loss of the AWD and adding the 5.3L option. To me what made the Denali so special was the 6.2L and the AWD. I would much rather get and SLT with the 6.2L, it has most of the options the Denali does without the Denali premium. I dont know if its worth a few grand extra for, real aluminum trim, different wheels, and a big chrome grill.

Im pissed about the loss of the AWD and adding the 5.3L option. To me what made the Denali so special was the 6.2L and the AWD. I would much rather get and SLT with the 6.2L, it has most of the options the Denali does without the Denali premium. I dont know if its worth a few grand extra for, real aluminum trim, different wheels, and a big chrome grill.

I didn't see where it's stated that the AWD is going away. That's something I like about mine, and liked about my SS too for that matter. If that is now optional in addition to the 6.2, then I would have to agree with you.

• I must say that this is :icon_bs:

• "The Sierra Denali also packs big power under the hood. The standard engine is a 355-horsepower 5.3-liter V8. GMC says the engine's 23 miles per gallon highway is better than competitors' V8s or even the Ford F-150's EcoBoost V6."
  • Has ANY truck with the 5.3 ever gotten 23MPG?

I didn't see where it's stated that the AWD is going away. That's something I like about mine, and liked about my SS too for that matter. If that is now optional in addition to the 6.2, then I would have to agree with you.

Here is a link to GM inside news where they are talking about switching to the regular 4WD. If you read through the post you will see me bitching about loosing the AWD

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/gmc-reveals-2014-sierra-denali-118645/

Another thing that pisses me off is that is an almost $50K truck and it does not come with HID's. WTF?

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

Here is a link to GM inside news where they are talking about switching to the regular 4WD. If you read through the post you will see me bitching about loosing the AWD

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/gmc-reveals-2014-sierra-denali-118645/

Another thing that pisses me off is that is an almost $50K truck and it does not come with HID's. WTF?

Good point! Even furd is putting hid + projectors in some f-150's...