Knock at WOT

detjoe

I am working on getting the board back up to allowing for tune/logs to get uploaded, I think with the last upgrade the size has been reduced.

But anyway,

I am logging and tuning more...and its going good! I have changed up a tone of trans stuff and some of my idle stability down (thanks Mike!)

But at WOT/5200rpm's/.88Gm/cly I get knock 4' and two other cells show knock, one was 4 and then after I let off the throttle a cell with 2' . Timing was at like 22, and commanded 26.

I knwo this will be a lot easier with a log and tune :) working on it.

Any other things I should look at??

Should I look at those cells on my VE table?? I need to log it and see what it does on the wideband...but for the most part my tune get 14.xx"s for part throttle and 12.xx's for WOT so I dont think its lean. I thought it was header hitting the frame but last log the kncok did not show up at the line or at the shifts??

thanks for reading this poast and offering suggestions to help get me down 1320 ft w/o knocking :)

your welcome to email me your tune and log files, and ill take it look at it for you when i get a chance.

what spark plugs are you running, and what octane fuel? does it have the 4 deg of KR every time you go WOT at the very same RPM? also, did you change any of the factory knock sensor and sensitivity settings or all they all stock? lastly, whats the full spec on your cam? i know its a few questions but its hard to help with a tune via online conversation :D

John :cheers:

walkaround the file upload issue :)

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?43355-Getting-some-KNock-is-it-real&p=324755#post324755

Kevin: It seems to be before the shift 5,200 this time but I have another log where it popped up at 4600??

I wonder if its false b/c its in so few spots? but I could be wrong.

224/230 on 114 .580's lift

stock plugs

I am not sure about the knock sensor settings, I am running an 'evolved' tune from a few different tunes that have had good parts and comparing them.

I just changed up my lock up settings so my converter is not locking...made a huge difference when cruising!

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

with that cam, you might need to adjust the knock sensor sensitivity a little bit to elliminate any false knock. im sure if you are still running stock parameters on the knock sensors, part of your KR is false knock from the more aggressive cam

I have not looked at/compaired the update I got from the tuning gods to what I was running...but 60 some changes and I am seeing no knock arcoss the limited pull I did and it picked up 80ftlbs from my last WOT (460ftlbs @ 5200RPMs)! I am back pumped to get a run at 12.99

Still need to do some loggin with the wideband and thru a few key cycles to store the misc data...my kids love loggin wot with me, I tell them "...now hold on..." :)

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)