horsepower

Bouch252

Last question about the tbss intake swap. How much horse power do you guys think it will have? I have TSP lt's, c.a.i, cat delete,mavnaflow exhaust. No tune yet. I want to wait till i can install the manifold.

Thanks, John

Yeah if you're new at modding you'll learn quick you might as well just save up for major mods if you want big power. By the time you are done experimenting with baby mods the $ you could have saved couldve gone towards major mods. BUT if you're goal is only that than enjoy :)

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

i don't think that's to bad of a gain for a mod that can be done for under 500

very true. All i have to really pay for now is a x-link and pig tails. But you are right. It'll cost me about 500-550 for everything. Especially cause i'm kind of on a budget.

Very new with the modding. Should just start saving up the $$$$ like you said. Maybe a cam swap or something. Gonna take awhile to save for the Maggie i want.

there alot more that can get involved in a cam than just throwing in a cam. You need trans work,exhaust,tune,depending on size of cam beef up internal motor(rod,springs,lifters,head work,intake)a cam install can easily get over 10k if you don't do it all your self

there alot more that can get involved in a cam than just throwing in a cam. You need trans work,exhaust,tune,depending on size of cam beef up internal motor(rod,springs,lifters,head work,intake)a cam install can easily get over 10k if you don't do it all your self

Holy shit! Think i'll just stick to the small stuff for now. I'll eventually down the road get to the big $$$ go fast parts.

very true. All i have to really pay for now is a x-link and pig tails. But you are right. It'll cost me about 500-550 for everything. Especially cause i'm kind of on a budget.

ya I'm right there with you I'm working on tight budget and buying part by part when I find a deal slowly but surely

Yeah if you're new at modding you'll learn quick you might as well just save up for major mods if you want big power. By the time you are done experimenting with baby mods the $ you could have saved couldve gone towards major mods. BUT if you're goal is only that than enjoy :)

I'd save my money in my op all that that goes into the tbss intake n tb isn't enough power yr gonna feel it with the mods you have it would be diff if you had a cam in already. That's just my op. if you want power you can feel throw in a stall n a 100 shot.

I'd save my money in my op all that that goes into the tbss intake n tb isn't enough power yr gonna feel it with the mods you have it would be diff if you had a cam in already. That's just my op. if you want power you can feel throw in a stall n a 100 shot.

yeah he is right. on a stock truck, its not going to be noticable... and from what i just read- your looking to get a Radix? the magnacharger replaces your intake manifold with its own, as the blower sits directly on top of it. i would NOT waste your money on a new intake manifold when your looking to throw it out in one of your next mods lol. IMO it just doesnt make sense... also, so you dont get scared off from a cam- i cant imagine a cam swap youd need internal engine parts for. a cam swap will cost you about $2000 or so depending on who installs it. IMO if your more than a year away from the blower, get a decent streetable camshaft thats boost friendly, so you can use it with your blower. add that TBSS intake manifold, you have the LT headers already so your good there, air intake is fine... so that way, you can get the decent gain from the cam + TBSS intake swap now, and when time comes you can easily sell that TBSS intake and throw the blower on there, leaving your cam in which will benefit you both now and then when your blown :cool: