Orlando Vacation Advice

diggerdan11

Hey Guys,

Looking for some vacation advice for my upcoming trip to Orlando, and I wanted to see what you guys think. I know some of you guys have made trips to Orlando in the past.

So I am making 2 week long business trip and I will be in the Orlando Area. So I decided it would be fun to fly my wife for our vacation this year. We will have a total of 3 full days to play. So Im looking for advice from people who have gone to the amusement parks in the Area.

I know for a fact that I want to go to Universal at least one day. Im planning on doing the park hopper so we can go to both Universal and The Islands of Adventure. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and I want to go see that. I just went to Disneyland so Disney World would be fun, but it is not completely necessary.

My and I would like to go to Sea World. So we will go at least one day at Universal and one day at Sea World. And We are trying to decide what to do on the third day.

Is there enough to do at Universal/Islands of Adventure to Spend 2 days there?

If I decided to go to Disney which park should I go to If I only have one day? Should I pay the $60 extra to do the park hopper so I can go to multiple Disney parks on the one day?

What other fun things could we do on out third day? I know its not that far from Daytona Beach, and the Kennedy Space Center.

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated.

FYI I have a crazy next couple weeks coming Up. Sunday 16th I fly to Pennsylvania for work, and get back on the 21st. Go camping on Saturday, Work Mon-Thursday, Then Fri-Sunday( 28-30th) Is our local car show, so I will be cleaning up the Chevelle, and taking it there. Then I go to work for 3 Days, then its the 4th and Im taking the 5th off. I fly to Orlando on the 7th, wife flies out on the 10th, she fly's home on Sunday the 14th. Then I finish my Florida work trip, then on the 16th I fly to Atlanta, and Drive to work Alabama, then I fly back out on the 19th home.

I went to universal just recently paid by my in-laws and I was very dissatisfied. Cool for a young kid but I would advise you spend that day doing islands of adventure. What you might want to do with your third day is check out epcot. Been a while since I was there but might be worth while.

If I had the choice to do a different themepark everyday for 3 days I would chose island of adventure, epcot, and prob one of the Disney waterparks. Can substitute waterpark for sea world tho.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

If you like animals go to the animal kingdom. Dan take your wallet bro it's not cheap at all. Nothing is cheap inside either. You can also go to Epcot. Hopefully the weather will be ok it rains alot there.

Could always take the 1hr drive to Busch gardens over here in Tampa. Now that would definitely be worth while. Then you could do your I of A , seaworld, and the BG

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Downtown Disney is very nice. Several good restaurants and tons of stores to shop and walk around. My opinion unless u guys like roller coasters skip islands of adventure... if you like drinking and eating head over to epcot. That is probably the most adult oriented park.

There are so many options, it will blow your mind ...

Where are you guys staying? Hotel, Resort or House? You said business, but where are they putting you up?

Personally, I love Sea World. Always fun. Plus Anheuser-Busch owns it. They have a Hospitality Section (I believe inside the gate to the left). You get a couple free beers per day. Unless you show your badge and you can get a few more and a few more ... :thumbs:

Busch Gardens is not worth the drive from Orlando to Tampa. If you get stuck in some traffic, you'll have a few hours of your day completely wasted. Plus I personally haven't seen anything really updated with Busch Gardens the last time I was there. It just seems to be the old park that I remember when I was 12 (I'm 41 now). As you may know, Anheuser-Busch owns this park too ... They too have a hospitality section ... :thumbs:

Disney is always great. Universal was fun ... I say look at what you like to do, and make your game plan accordingly ... The park hopper pass to do numerous Disney Parks in one day may be too much. The parks are really big, with long lines. I doubt you'll make numerous parks in one day. Usually it's one park, one day.

Stay local, and save time. Just get ready to pay through the nose. They (Florida tourism) have found every way to suck the money right out of your wallet ...LOL ... You'll always spend more then you thought you'll need. Ultimately, it will be fun as hell ... :thumbs:

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Well I'm going to be there for business Sunday through Wednesday and I'm staying at a best western near Disney World. Not my first choose but there are only so many hotels my company will let me stay in. Then Wednesday through Sunday I'm staying at the Buena Vista Palace which is near downtown Disney. My company wont pay for my vacation portion but I got a really good deal on that hotel.

My wife and I are starting to think we might go one day at Universal/Islands of adventure then one day at Sea World and then just relax on the third day and maybe go to the beach. But we will see.

Just went to Disney and island. I would leave out Disney, go to island of adventures and sea world. Then like you said chill out by the beach or pool. Universal and island is a two days pass but if you booked it through out the day I guess you could see each park. If you do both those in one day, you'll be glad you saved one day to chillax. I was super dissapointed with Disney. Its not like it used to be there. Island was a good the, as was sea world though, good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I would go relax at the beach on the 3rd day. Cocoa beach, Daytona, and New Smyrna beach are all within an hour drive from here.

But if you rather go to the parks and like roller coasters and rides, Islands of Adventure is where its at.

Drinking around the world at Epcot is ALWAYS a good time, but make sure to plan for a cab ride back to the hotel after haha

Me and the wife love going to Disney and having been to both, Disneyland in Cali and Disney World, Disney World is a totally different place. I highly recommend going to Epcot, lots of good adult stuff to do and some cool rides too, there are lots of things to do in Downtown Disney as well. Universal and Islands of adventure is ok, the wife and I can do both parks in one day with time to spare.

Thanks for te advice everyone. I thinkwe re going to go ahead and do Sea Worl on Thursday then Universal/Islands on Fiday. And we will decided that evening if we want to go to somewhereth nxt day orjust relax. Looks like if we d e togo Disney we may go to Epcot.

if you are going to ride the harry potter ride don't eat before hand, I do the welding inspections on that ride and there (spoiler alert ) are three stations that have a dome shaped theatre in which it does like an imax thing, and people get vertigo all the time. Seriously they have two guys on the night shift that do nothing but clean those domes EVERY NIGHT. if youre going to go to Disney hit epcot and pass up everything else unless you have little kids. also in Orlando DEFINATELY hit up church street on a Friday night. kennedy space center is ok but its sad that place is a ghost town compared to when nasa was at full swing, I used to live over there launch days were the best. sea world is good, if you do wind up making youre way over here to tampa theres busch gardens, Clearwater beach, johns pass, anna maria island, also right next to BG is the yuengling brewry which has a beer garden, and is an all around easy way to get smashed for pennies on the dollar. if youre in tampa check out ybor city, or SOHO (south Howard) at the corner of howard and pratt street, lots of fun down there.