Couple of exhaust ?'s

GI.SS

Few months ago I installed my headers. The collectors are 3" that reduce to 2.5" Current exhaust is 2.5" back to the 22" magnaflow. I like the sound that I have. It sounds flat mean at WOT and isnt too loud. Currently no Cats and it exits stock location. After the header install, I had to re-do my Y pipe and well any of those that have tried to cut up their stock Y to make work knows how much fun I had. Along with a POS flux welder I borrowed from my neighbor. Lets just say she has a little leak in a FEW places. I have read that to have proper backpressure 2.5" is good to 600hp. After 600 then you would need to move up to 3". I would also like to run the muffler I have. Mainly because Its a performance peice I already have and have acquired an taste for it.I would like to do 2.5" exhaust from collectors back. Should I run an x or h pipe? The muffler is DI/SO I thought the muffler might even pressures out. I also am having a custom tip made, if anyone is familiar with the "boom tube" which nascar uses. Tip will be made out of polished stainless and with be SI with a slash cut boom tube replica that has a baffle in the middle to look as if 2 tip were welded together. Still trying to figure out how big but it will be tucked before passenger side rear tire. Anyone running the 22" magnaflow with cats and headers? I wonder how much quieter it will be?

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=nascar+side+exit+exhaust&start=73&safe=active&hl=en&biw=1600&bih=704&tbm=isch&tbnid=LDIxq3ljOBFd6M:&imgrefurl=http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D121401&docid=bsOU-xrskTFw5M&imgurl=image.musclemustangfastfords.com/f/9161940/mmfp_0710_10_z%252B2006_ford_mustang%252Bside_exhaust.jpg&w=640&h=480&ei=w0vAUZewD5fG4AO-_YCQAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=220&vpy=378&dur=1984&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=152&ty=123&page=3&tbnh=146&tbnw=210&ndsp=40&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:100,i:22

I have longtubes no cats dual back to a dual in out magnaflow. Love it. My muffler has a built in x. If you take the y off I say x pipe it. That's what I would do.

Mine longtube headers 3" dual pipe and dual cutouts with x-pipe no cats, dual magnaflow muffler and dumped before spare. Not my setup but came with my truck pretty mean sound. Only reason I know this is i researched the ss for an exhaust setup on my 99 silverado loved the sound

Ehh not really worth the time fixing it. It would be quicker to just create a new one. Thought I'd prolly have an exhaust shop do it or myself with the right tools. The problem with exhaust shops is they never do it the way you want them to l. I could even just re do the y pipe and exit exhaust where saw fit and it would work well. Hmm gotta think about this one