blnaway's 2003 N/A build

BLNAWAY

If your exhaust is stock, shouldnt it be true dual to the muffler like my stock set up is? If that is truly the case then you dont have a y pipe, i am sorry i didnt read the whole thread so not sure if this is going on your sss

Edited by Brentd (see edit history)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coating is ceramic. Several people do it, but it requires specialized equipment to get it done.

thanks where would I go looking for this to be done not to familiar with any business in my area that dose something like this, would a person who powder coats be able to?

My zip is 50401 if any can help with a link to somewhere close

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

If your exhaust is stock, shouldnt it be true dual to the muffler like my stock set up is? If that is truly the case then you dont have a y pipe, i am sorry i didnt read the whole thread so not sure if this is going on your sss

yes goin on the SS, ya ik it's not technically a Y pipe but couldn't think of what's the correct term for that section, my exhaust is tru dual to muffler

Check out my thread on here....look under new content.....fabbing my own catback...if you stick with a y pipe, you are gonna have to get an intermediate pipe, best bet is to call walker and ask for dynomax part number for 3" intermediate pipe to fit your truck...then go si/so....it fit my budget..only thing is the dynomax pipe is aluminized, so dont know how that handles your climate. Where i live the only snow i see is on a hallmark card, and he only salt i see is 35 minutes south in the gulf of mexico.

Edited by Brentd (see edit history)

The armor coating I'm talking about is what pacesetter offers, you can get them in just black painted or with the coating. I think all headers offer this of not come standard coated. Some of the coatings don't last, but nothing last forever. Some people will buy the headers and have them coated by someone or jethot but it's pricey.

And if you have a stock exhaust, then yes you'd have duals, so a y pipe won't work if your planning to run a the stock SS pipes. If your gonna do a 3 then you'll need a 3" single exhaust system.

If you wanna run the duals then just buy the headers and you'll have to have a mid pipe made that runs into an X crossover and into your stock pipe and you could do away with the y at the tip and do di/do or di/si into stock tip.

And calspeed is up the street from me, there simalr to one the other headers that were out before.

thanks where would I go looking for this to be done not to familiar with any business in my area that dose something like this, would a person who powder coats be able to?

Some do and some dont. Its a process similar to PC but a little different. Just have to call and see

• 2 weeks later...

well i put down payment on new intake THANKS John :pepsicheer:
L92, bbk fuel rails,aeromotive FPR, a/n fuel lines, 60# injectors with the pigtail connectors and all the bolts and gaskets. Basicly all I need is a xlink I already have a TB hopefully have it right after first or the yr now just need the L92 heads and LT headers

L92fpr60wiring_zpsc86167df.jpg

L92intakebottom_zps7fbd39b4.jpg

stockfuellineadptfromL92_zps9b9575ee.jpg

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

well finally got around to finishing my shopman bowtie... had it scuffed up painted,cleared,and new inlay cut out turned out way nice and flows with my truck the nice polished bowtie was amazing but didnt flow so had to change it here it is

started with:

20131226_175159_zpsynownotg.jpg

after paint:

20140121_161207_zpsmkfbhz29.jpg

new inlays:

20140131_092419_zpszkpfwovc.jpg

installed :dbanana:

20140131_100200_zpsajuemxno.jpg