blnaway's 2003 N/A build

BLNAWAY

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Factory casting is a 71cc, 799 is a 65 cc. Tea would only deck my heads to 67, or at least that is what they told me. The only thing I'm not sure of is if the 799 and 317 share the same deck to valve height when they are stock. If they do, even though the 799 has a smaller chamber, any decking on the 317 would then have less ptv. Do you have any articles or links that say the valves are the same depth from the deck to the shallowist point of the valve edge

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Do you have any articles or links that say the valves are the same depth from the deck to the shallowist point of the valve edge

not sure if this has the exact info your looking for or not but does provide good info on different head specs

http://lsx4u.com/lsxinfo/heads.html

They share the same valve to deck height as the 243 casting. Ill find the link. But with dimensions they are exact to the 243. What makes the two bare castings different is the way they were actually cast. When assembled the valves and and springs were obviously different. Two different company's got the contracts. I have personally seen a vette with one 243 and one 799 head.it confused me which lead me to look it up. I'm on my phone right now but when I get a couple minutes ill post the link.

Factory casting is a 71cc, 799 is a 65 cc. Tea would only deck my heads to 67, or at least that is what they told me. The only thing I'm not sure of is if the 799 and 317 share the same deck to valve height when they are stock. If they do, even though the 799 has a smaller chamber, any decking on the 317 would then have less ptv. Do you have any articles or links that say the valves are the same depth from the deck to the shallowist point of the valve edge

i was referring to this post. I thought you were talking to me? maby i miss-read...? which would make more sense then. been up since 3 dont mind me :greddy:

• 5 weeks later...

Nothing new performance wise... Did install 5k HID headlights and just purchased a badass sub box from a member on here within the last week the box should be arriving soon,thanks Brandon

HIDs :

2013-08-27_20-01-16_100_zpsab07b844.jpg

My new box the blue is guna be charged to red tho,thanks again brandon(silveradoss2003)

photo_zps3938d2d6.jpg

20130821_172400_zps2f8fa69c.jpg

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

He makes custom boxes ?

no he had a buddy do it for him, but his truck was for sale so I asked if he was interested in sell it separate we were able to work out a deal before he got his truck sold which was nice he's great guy to work with

no he had a buddy do it for him, but his truck was for sale so I asked if he was interested in sell it separate we were able to work out a deal before he got his truck sold which was nice he's great guy to work with

Oh, thanks anyways