Possible new DD.

I agree, but they are still behind ford (and others)

I wasn't, I was comparing overall packages. the mustang is more car for less money. end of story. this is my business, not a hobby.

FUNNY they look almost identical to me ... maybe motor trend is just lieing since its your business and you know what your talking about , and they said the camaro took the win btw , and these are professionals testing the cars , not a service writer for ford... http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1303_2013_chevrolet_camaro_ss_1le_ford_mustang_gt_track_pack/viewall.html

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

Mustang is best overall hate to say it just is. Price,power and mpg.

camaro ss left , mustang 5.0 right

QUARTER MILE 12.7 sec @ 111.8 mph 12.7 sec @ 111.9 mph

BASE PRICE $33,535 $31,095

BRAKING, 60-0 MPH 101 ft 110 ft

EPA CITY/HWY ECON 16/24 mpg 15/26 mpg

POWER (SAE NET) 426 hp @ 5900 rpm 420 hp @ 6500 rpm

please keep in mind this is old tech vs brand new tech. on the mustang.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

camaro ss left , mustang 5.0 right

QUARTER MILE 12.7 sec @ 111.8 mph 12.7 sec @ 111.9 mph

BASE PRICE $33,535 $31,095

BRAKING, 60-0 MPH 101 ft 110 ft

EPA CITY/HWY ECON 16/24 mpg 15/26 mpg

POWER (SAE NET) 426 hp @ 5900 rpm 420 hp @ 6500 rpm

nice info

Would you like to ban me? I'm just using real world knowledge, GM is falling behind Ford big time.

I believe this! Although I've noticed they go back and forth almost every decade. Since the 80's either way better than a dodge- but no offense to the mopar cars as I'm a big fan of old school 440's when cars were boats! Lol I mean cars! ;-) Edited by KrausMotorSports (see edit history)

Ok so this thread kinda went south... Anyway, I wound up going euro for my new DD and got a Red Audi TT S-line. 2.0 turbo fwd with all the goodies, 6 speed auto with paddle shifters, 2008 with 38k miles. 19" rims with brand new Pirelli Pzero tires. and got it for $200 over what the dealer paid for it in trade due to the salesmans mistake... After driving a brand new 370z and some other ricers and a couple of Bmers, this car seemed to have more of what I wanted in the price range I wanted to be in. 31mpg hwy 25 city. It has a little turbo lag but at about 1500-1800rpm it comes alive. I ran it up to 125 during the test drive. It has a cool little spoiler that pops up around 60mph too, kinda silly since it's frw but it still looks cool...

IMG_20130622_144312_262.jpg

Edited by Sneakystiffler21 (see edit history)

and to top it off that is 15 year old technology on the ss compared to the new technology on the mustang .

Please explain where the technology on the Camaro is 15 years old (6.2 engine, magnetic suspension) and the 5.0 litre is brand new, when you come out of denial.

Please explain where the technology on the Camaro is 15 years old (6.2 engine, magnetic suspension) and the 5.0 litre is brand new, when you come out of denial.

he posted valid facts and figures basically showing cars are very similar performance wise and your response is that since he doesnt agree with your opinion he is in denial....

I was speaking more to the fact that he keeps going back to the 15 year old technology...My standpoint was the mustang is more car for the money, I don't give two craps about fuel economy. Lots of folks on here (including Jon) that Ford puts a blower on everything to be faster than an N/A Gm car. Now the mustang is just as quick (given the test numbers he posted) with a MUCH smaller displacement engine. Now someone, anyone, explain to me how the Camaro is in the same class as a car 2k cheaper that performs just as well if not better, while getting 2mpg better on highway driving?

he posted valid facts and figures basically showing cars are very similar performance wise and your response is that since he doesnt agree with your opinion he is in denial....