Fords New Sport Truck

So It looks like Ford is making a new "Sport Truck." its along the lines of the Ram R/T.

Yet again GM the inventor of the sport truck does not have a sport truck to offer the world

http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?15929-Ford-Reveals-F-150-Tremor-Sport-Truck

Im surprised they went with the crappy ecoboost, I keep hearing about major issues with those engines. It would be nicer I think with the 6.2L

Yeah. GM will have an answer for all this.. And if its the monster it should be, im gonna have to keep modding so the SSS doesnt become outclassed. As the automotive speed standards increase, we have to keep up with the times... There was a time when "600 horsepower" was unheard of. Now, production cars are being produced with higher numbers than that. Hell, there are 2,000+ horsepower vettes!

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

This truck is going to moooove! There is a crew cab Eboost that has a tune and full exhaust and runs with me at the track all day. We post almost identical numbers.

:uhoh:

Yeah man. Its gonna be light and peppy...

looking at the dodge r/t and now this ford, i hope gms answer is also a reg cab short bed. (with the ZL1 motor or something with boost) i wouldt be surprised if they just re label a cc short bed with a 6.2 and 20s and throw it out there. come on General!! impress us!!

While Chevy / GMC may not CURRENTLY have a sport truck option to offer, to me this lends hope that they will have to respond to the market and produce one. I cross my fingers and toes. :)

This is the first thing that came to me too, that this might push GM over the cliff and into building some competition.

This Ford is just too ugly for my taste and like Digger D said I'd be scared off by the questionable power plant.

^^ Yep! I wanna see a single cab pickup truck with a LSA and a $60,000 price tag! Not some single cab 6.2 with a few appearance mods. Although, im sure as long as its sporty, itll sell. Just add boost later. Fingers crossed for a single cab though eithe way!

^^ Yep! I wanna see a single cab pickup truck with a LSA and a $60,000 price tag! Not some single cab 6.2 with a few appearance mods. Although, im sure as long as its sporty, itll sell. Just add boost later. Fingers crossed for a single cab though eithe way!

Even of they offer a reg cab short box with a 6.2 it would be a amazing platform. Hp comes pouring out of LS engines with light mods. A none SC version would keep the price down as well as insurance.

I'm no engineer but I could come up with a nasty little rcsb. Make it look killer and wouldn't have to sell one of your berries to own it. Come on GM don't be scared.