Fords New Sport Truck

Yeah.... Im not too sure what i think about that car. Not sure if it deserves the name. I mean the model itself is called The "SS". Which was originally the name of GMs first built racecar. This is just a Pontiac G8 redesign. Yeah sure, it looks okay and im sure its peppy BUT, when Ford decided to create a model called The "GT", it was a supercar. I think chevy should have done the same. The "SS" should have been more than just a family sedan...

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Yeah.... Im not too sure what i think about that car. Not sure if it deserves the name. I mean the model itself is called The "SS". Which was originally the name of GMs first built racecar. This is just a Pontiac G8 redesign. Yeah sure, it looks okay and im sure its peppy BUT, when Ford decided to create a model called The "GT", it was a supercar. I think chevy should have done the same. The "SS" should have been more than just a family sedan...

I 100% agree with you! I read an article about the new Chevrolet "SS" that sounded promising. Then I saw the pictures and thought it was just a redesigned Impala. Total fail on Chevy's part, IMO. Chevy has abused the "SS" name far too much in the last decade and this is no exception. Yes, the SS Camaro, SSS and SS Trail Blazer was true true SS but the fwd SS Impalas, the fwd SS Malibu, fwd SS Cobalt... C'mon Chevy!

Honestly GM is lucky that a bunch of people continue to back them up, I always feel like where always behind everyone else recently.. :( We need some new designers or engineers up there with GM.. It feels like everything is just behind.. like marketing, types of vehicles, features etc.. An ls3 or ls2 in a single would be nice lol