UPS difficulties

cb2big4u

So I sold a home theater receiver on eBay. Went to my local authorized ups shipper which is a family owned company and the guy is great. The store packaged it after I left and paid for the shipping. Well my buyer contacted me and said that it was destroyed in shipping and the packaging looked extremely weak. So we start a claim and the receiver gets shipped back to the authorized ups store. I go look at it and it looks as if it completely fell out of the box and got dragged then put back in the box. The buyer is correct by saying the packaging was weak. Ups denied my claim.

Do I hold the packaging guy responsible? Can I even do that? I'm out 300$ because of it and shipping alone was 80$.

Help me out guys. What would you do?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

Just went through this with my hood. They denied my claim so I had a lady fight with them everyday for almost 2 weeks finally they said 150$ or nothing. So instead of being out 475$ I'm only out 325$ lol I still got screwed. They just like almost all these bastards in the world aren't lieable for anything, I guess nobody is at fault for anything anymore. Just fight them.

wow sorry to hear that well I would definitely keep fighting it.I wrapped my own stuff to make sure its good it safe. I took something to UPS one time they didn't like my packaging call it Frankenstein packaging because I taped two boxes together with duct tape it was no way in hell this thing was coming apart and they still wouldn't ship it so I took it to FedEx and they took it no problems and got to work was going no problems.

Because the authorized store was the shipper he is the one that has to appeal the claim and all. All I can do is set back and wait. Just not sure if I can tell the ups store guy that it was his fault and he's liable. Im sure there is a loophole somewhere that would save his ass.

My question is do I tell the ups store guy that he packed it and ups denied the claim so its on him to make this right?

Here's a couple pics of the avr removed from packaging.

post-9287-137236545088_thumb.jpg

post-9287-137236547185_thumb.jpg

post-9287-137236549282_thumb.jpg

post-9287-137236551292_thumb.jpg

post-9287-137236553902_thumb.jpg

post-9287-137236556115_thumb.jpg

Aluminum case is scraped flat like it was dragged on the corner. Box had no breakthrough on that corner.

The buttons are pushed in. The case is warped. Front door is loose and flops around. Just multiple scuffs and scratches. Not to mention it doesn't turn on anymore. I think it fell out of the packaging.

I bought something and had it shipped from Japan earlier this year. When it final arrived the box had a slight bend in the middle and 1 piece (of 2) was broken in half. I filled a claim with Fedex and was refunded 100% of my money with zero issue other than it taking like 8 weeks for a refund.

If I paid a business (Shipping business at that) to package something to ship, I would hold them responsible to arrive safe and unharmed. It's not like you packaged it yourself, you paid them to do it.

I'm going to talk with eBay. I issued the buyer a refund some time ago already but the shipper and I have come to the conclusion after looking at the damaged to the unit vs the box that my buyer had buyers remorse and trashed it.

He pointed put to me that it even has white paint on it. Sigh...

Ill never sell on eBay again.

I'm going to talk with eBay. I issued the buyer a refund some time ago already but the shipper and I have come to the conclusion after looking at the damaged to the unit vs the box that my buyer had buyers remorse and trashed it. He pointed put to me that it even has white paint on it. Sigh... Ill never sell on eBay again. Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I started thinking that your buyer did it when you mentioned several posts up that the box was undamaged where the corner of the unit is messed up. Sounds like that's the case.

Were the transactions made via PayPal? I don't have personal experience but have heard that they are pretty aggressive at fighting fraud. Which is what your dealing with with this scumbag.

Yeh it was via paypal. So I'm definitely going to try and do a dispute. As of late I am realizing that eBay and PayPal offer buyer protection but nothing for a seller. Sellers just get ****ed...

Yeh it was via paypal. So I'm definitely going to try and do a dispute. As of late I am realizing that eBay and PayPal offer buyer protection but nothing for a seller. Sellers just get ****ed... Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Now that you mention it; I have heard that they are pro buyer. Guess it makes sense, right or wrong, buyers are their bread and butter.

Best luck to you. Hope you can get some satisfaction.