Best 4 season tire for the SS?

ss2haul

Hey guys, I looked at some of the old threads dealing with this topic, but kind of wanted to get a fresh perspective. Since a 2nd set of stock 20" wheels are becoming almost impossible to find, I looking for a good year round tire to replace my original LS's with only 21k on them. They're not wore out, or cracking yet, but I'm guessing 10 year old tires probably need to go, although the Cobra tires are now 18+ and counting, but that's another story. Priorities to me in order: Stock size, look good on the truck(both tread design and sidewall), good snow traction. The stock LS's traction in deep snow seemed sketchy at best to me. Michelins have a great rep all around, but the sidewall looks...well just not my look I guess. Has anyone tried the Eagle GT's? Nitto 420's seem very popular, but what about snow traction? Suggestions? Thanks!!

I live in Idaho so we get a fair share of snow and I had pirreli Scorpions for the last 4 years and they did good in the snow and had a cool look to them as well. I recently purchased some 420's for the truck and they appear to have a good rain pattern on them but they look a lil smooth to be good in the snow but will see .

If you get snow on the reg. a dedicated snow tire is a must. All season tires are for FL.

I pretty much agree with you, I just wish I would have picked up an extra set of wheels when people were let'em go for nearly nothing.

I got a set of nitto dune grapplers these tires will go through anything in the road and look sweet. in New England you have to be prepared for some weather cause winters can get nasty

Man! Those are agressive on a SS! Would look great on a lifted SS to me, but I bet yours is a beast in the winter though.

Man! Those are agressive on a SS! Would look great on a lifted SS to me, but I bet yours is a beast in the winter though.

285/50/20 close to stock size but yes aggressive no tire noise on the highway or roads but rip in the snow and no tire squeal on the off ramps at 50mph

Might be the way I go. Not my favorite looking tire, but their rep is undeniable.

ya not the best looking tread pattern but deffentaly the best traction and tread life you can get

I had the Michelin LTX's and had no problems with them. Great traction on dry and wet roads but less aggressive on mud.

SSS isn't ment to go muddying jfyi

I was very happy with Yokohama Parada Spec X tires for the winter. They are all-season, but I had a set of wheels with summer performance tires, so I used them only in winter. In the NY / NJ area, they worked very well.

I live in Idaho so we get a fair share of snow and I had pirreli Scorpions for the last 4 years and they did good in the snow and had a cool look to them as well. I recently purchased some 420's for the truck and they appear to have a good rain pattern on them but they look a lil smooth to be good in the snow but will see .

Scorpion ATR's do well in the winter. Take it from a Canadian.