Downshift at WOT question/advice

Hey guys I got a 2003 SSS. LT headers, intake, cat delete, dual flowmasters, and a Zippy tune. My question is, when I first got the truck (before mods) I noticed that when I stick it to the floor from say...35-55 mph, it seems to only downshift once instead of hitting say 2nd or 1st like I remember my previous Vmaxx doing. I thought it was because previous owner had it on 24's. After the recent mods listed above, and now on 20's, its a little better, but not Like I remember. Is this a tune issue? It shifts and drives fine, just would like for it to downshift for me when I'm doin 40mph and a cobalt rolls up on me and I stick it to the floor and it goes to 3rd and the cobalt leaves me lol. I did a complete service on the truck when I got it and the tranny fluid was/is not as pinkish red as id like but doesn't smell horrible so I decided go leave it alone. Help me out here. Thanks in advance

Not a expert what so ever. But sounds like that's in the tune. Mine did that but it was fixed in the tune by zippy. Mine could of been due to having a stall converter and he tuned it for that maybe. Not sure.

Good luck bro

35-40 is a shitty drop point for 4.10 gears. 30 mph hits first and 35-40 hits second but on the extremely low end. A higher than factory stall will help that a little.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

Well that makes sense. I can't wait to finish my parts list so I can break that transmission and get a built one lmao. I put the mods I have listed in my origional post on it within the first 7 days of ownership. Heads, cam, FAST102mm intake and tb, stall coming next month! Thanks for the info huys. I thought something may have been wrong. I knew I could ask you guys tho!