A few suspension /drop questions

First off, what are the ACTUAL differences in suspension from my torsion bar 2 wd to an SS? Is it the actual leaf springs in the back? Or are the shackles different? I've got drop hangers and 2" drop shackles on mine and seems higher than the SS I got my stuff off of.

My next question is about trucks with a 4" rear drop.... I removed my add on bracket on the bump stops and cut them down to the last rib. I feel like its still too close to the axle. What should the gap from bump stop to axle be? And Is there an extremely short bump stop I can buy?

Next is a question about a c notch... How are they normally installed? Is it safe without having the frame boxed? If I did a c notch I could run a factory type or poly bump stop with some height to it and it wouldn't be unbearable if I decide to tow something or load up the bed.

First off, what are the ACTUAL differences in suspension from my torsion bar 2 wd to an SS? Is it the actual leaf springs in the back? Or are the shackles different? I've got drop hangers and 2" drop shackles on mine and seems higher than the SS I got my stuff off of. My next question is about trucks with a 4" rear drop.... I removed my add on bracket on the bump stops and cut them down to the last rib. I feel like its still too close to the axle. What should the gap from bump stop to axle be? And Is there an extremely short bump stop I can buy? Next is a question about a c notch... How are they normally installed? Is it safe without having the frame boxed? If I did a c notch I could run a factory type or poly bump stop with some height to it and it wouldn't be unbearable if I decide to tow something or load up the bed.

are the hangers and rear shackles set at the highest bolt hole?

the c notches i install on the ss are the bolt in ones that box in the rear frame from belltech you need to remove the bed to do a clean job.

Yes it is as low as it will go with these parts. I'm happy with the drop, I'm just curious about the parts. Can you pm me a price for that notch kit? Do you weld them when you install them? Or just bolt in? I've spent a lot of time reading on the subject last night and if I notch it, that's what I'm doing.

it can be due to where the gm worker set the keys. Ive had customers vho and sss that stock sat higher in front than rear because the assembly link worker cranked the keys all the way up. BUTTTTTT there was a line worker that was setting the truck up with the keys almost fully decranked in front. I can totally tell it was him or her when customers bring me their trucks because the front looks a lot lower than the rear stock and you can see the rake in the truck.

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)