What to do? S/C or Drop in.

Hey All,

I am trying to decide if I want to S/C my SS (04 AB 100K Miles) or do a 376 or the like drop in Crate Motor. I would love to do a 427 but $$$. What's the conclusion for a NON-Daily driver. I bought the truck 2 years ago and have put less than 3000 miles on it in that time. It just sits in the driveway looking SEXY. I think I have had about 10 notes on the windshield asking me if I want to sell it. I was also thinking about a CTS-V or 6.2 S/C drop-in. Opinions are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

No matter which way you go your talking alot of money. It really depends on what you wanna do with the truck. If its gonna be driven very little and you wanna go fast slap a SC on it. Personally I would build a engine and slap a SC on it. It all about what u want and how deep your pockets are.

You can drive a supercharger everyday but it sounds like you don't use truck much. you would fall in love with the lowend torque of a Maggie. I have ran my 112 on my v-maxx for 2 years took it off to upgrade to a tvs 2300 and I drove truck a while without blower but still has a small stall

and a GT 2-3 CAM but truck is a big TURD cant wait to get 2300 on

maybe go into the motor and freshin it up .... forged internals, so you can throw more boost at it.Maybe increase your cubic inches while your in there.... a 408 stroker with a tvs 2300 or a procharger will make some serious power

Edited by SS Muscle Truck (see edit history)