Alaska members...

This is for the Alaskans. Well looks like on the 16th im gong to Alaska for a couple of weeks. Some place called Old Harbor.... Anyone near here or know of this place? What type of weather should I expect? Im a Marine so we basically will be camping out side everynight and I want to be prepared. Any advice on what I should/shouldnt bring???

This is for the Alaskans. Well looks like on the 16th im gong to Alaska for a couple of weeks. Some place called Old Harbor.... Anyone near here or know of this place? What type of weather should I expect? Im a Marine so we basically will be camping out side everynight and I want to be prepared. Any advice on what I should/shouldnt bring???

Your from Texas, going to Alaska ... Even in the summer it will get a bit chilly for you ... :thumbs: ... Bring Shiner !!!

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Shoot. In Fairbanks we just had two weeks in the 90's. it was freaking hot! I will look to see where that's at. But I think it is on the Aleutian chain down south west. If so, be prepared for wet and cool. It is pretty much always raining or foggy. I'll check it out and get back to you.

Old harbor is on Kodak island. Pretty much like I said. I've been to Kodak a few times. They pretty much have everything. Sometimes it is very nice and hot and then an afternoon rain will move in and drop the temp 20-30 degrees. If your prepared for moisture you'll be fine.

This is at 1 am this morning.

Haha no way dude. That is just nuts to me. This is going to be a trip I never forget.

i would bet if your not up here until mid August, that it is starting to get dark by then.

You have to find a bear tour down there. The bears are f'ing huge.

i would bet if your not up here until mid August, that it is starting to get dark by then.You have to find a bear tour down there. The bears are f'ing huge.

Man I hope I'm able to sight see while we are out there. Going with the military isn't the ideal vacation lol but hey it's a free trip.

Edited by THATGUYCRUZ (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys all I have to say is Alaska is bad ass!!!! This is the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my entire life and the weather is absolutely perfect! I would actually consider moving here

Edited by THATGUYCRUZ (see edit history)

Well guys all I have to say is Alaska is bad ass!!!! This is the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my entire life and the weather is absolutely perfect! I would actually consider moving here

Glad to hear you made it okay. The weather in fairbanks has been gloomy for days. Hopefully things clear up. Haha you say you'd consider moving, just wait til winter. Then make your decision. Lol.

I agree it is a beautiful place. I have moved twice and came back. Like Brandon said try the winter out before you make a move lol. It gets rough. But the brief summer we have is typically amazing. Glad you made it up and enjoyed yourself.

Tonight was bad ass. We got the night and Sunday off from work so me and a couple of marines went fishing. We caught a ton of fish and parties with the natives that live here. Man can they drink! Our unit has a Facebook page, search irt old harbor and that's where I'm at.