Finding more and more ugly SS "clones"

Just this week ive seen 3 or so threads of "SSS"s with emblems on upside down, SSs with lift kits, or just plain stock Z71s with SS badges. What is going on?!?! It is becoming more and more common to see these abominations. Ive seen a few 88-98 pick ups with camaro SS badges or TBSS badges in my town just this week. They're sitting at a light in their basically stock silverado with SS badges, doing their gangster lean with their subs hounding, arm cocked and hat sideways, thinking that those ebay SS emblems make their truck the meanest, most thug ride on the road... Then i roll up next to them at the same light in a real SS.. They look over and see my truck, then they slump down in their seat and pull their hat over their face. Haha not to be a dick, but i love that feeling. :jester:

Anyway. I found this truck at the commisary on Ft. Wainwright. Had to get a pic. Not sure what he was going for here, but its got potential. Shaved tailgate, door handles... Then i see the spray painted/primer exterior, crooked ass SS bumper, and those damn rockstar rims that everyone and their grandma seem to have... Haha i parked next to him and went inside. Lol.

liftedss_zps1d7705bd.jpg

liftedss2_zps9c7e5002.jpg

[/url]

liftedss4_zpse3926af0.jpg

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

I don't mean to seem all high and mighty to bust on everyone else's trucks. I just know a lot of guys bust they're ass to have beautiful clones that deserve the SS emblem. And more power to them to put it on. I just think its funny when trucks that look nothing like an SS or have a 10,000ft lift kit have SS emblems. But oh well. What can ya do?

Death to all inferior projects lol

Haha that's not what I meant! More power to em! I just get a kick out of it when people put SS emblems upside down ect. That's all. :lol:

You're truck looks Killer in that picture!!

Thanks dude. I should have pulled up even with him and took a pic from the side. The 3/4 looks pretty good. Tony sells great products. Lol. That silverado could probably drive over me.

Unfortunately it's an age-old issue; sticking SS badges on non-SS vehicles. Think about how many car shows you've been to where there are older Impalas and Chevelles that have an SS stuck on them when they're obviously not. Car-wise people will know; most other people won't. There are lots of wanna-be's. :nonod:

Unfortunately it's an age-old issue; sticking SS badges on non-SS vehicles. Think about how many car shows you've been to where there are older Impalas and Chevelles that have an SS stuck on them when they're obviously not. Car-wise people will know; most other people won't. There are lots of wanna-be's. :nonod:

My point exactly. Then poor John Smith comes along and pays top dollar for it and drives it around thinking its an SS until one day someone tells him it isn't.... Damn wanna-be's. lol.

Dam mid12s your truck looks lower than 3/4. Maybe cause its next to the monster truck(lol). I'm mad cause it looks lower than mine.. lol

Haha yeah. Its pretty damn low. Ive got the LCAs up front, hangers and shackles out back, belltech SP shocks, and then i loosened my torsion keys about 1.5 turns to level the truck. When i installed the kit, the rake looked weird. The front sat a little higher than the rear. I think its like a 3.5/4.5 maybe? It looks a lot like how Nicks (the asset)'s stance was. Every fender was the exact same distance from the ground with a full tank of gas. If someone with stock ride height can get me measurements from the center of their rim to the top of their fender, ill be able to tell how much my truck really is dropped. My 285/50R20s rub at full turn. I wanna get some 285/40 Nitto 420s. A 29" tire will work loads better than a 31"ish. Itll make me faster too! :thumbs:

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Exact same set up as mine. Shocks and all. When mine was 1st installed i also haf the ****ed up rake with the rear sitting lower, so what i did was raise the rear back up 1 inch to level it out because i didnt want to turn my torsion bar bolts any lower because the angles my cv axles were at. I didnt wanna run into any issues with them later. I drive my truck daily. I want to go lower just a little timid bein AWD..