Is this normal? *pics*

I have been under my truck a lot over the past new days and just noticed my front bump stops. They are sitting on the lower control arm. Is this normal? This is on the driver side and the screw to the torsion key is back ed pretty far out. As far as I was aware, this truck was at the stock height. The passenger side screw is only out about 1/2 what he driver side one is but is sitting on the bump stop just he same.

xr0iB7D.jpg

VRLYGj0.jpg

I also have a short video to show the play/stop I have in my steering-box to see if it is normal or now. My buddy's Escalade has the same play as my truck with 50k more miles. TO me, it just doesn't seem like there should be play in the steering box where the steering shaft connects. I just can't figure out how to upload a video.

Edited by 90zxdriver (see edit history)

Yes the bump stops up front are normal like that. They are suppose to sit like that. Its an active part of the front suspension.. I know this because i asked these same questions when i 1st got my truck and i was looking under it.

All depends on how you want it to sit. Some trucks have the chevy lean, but i thinks thats mostly in the rear i think. I may be wrong. I dont think it matter if 1 is in or out farther than the other. Just tweek them to how you want your truck to sit..

I'd park the truck on level concrete and measure from the lip of the front fender to the ground, on each side of the truck. This will give you a fairly accurate height measurement for each side. If both measure the same, you're good. If not, you should jack up the front of the truck and tighten the torsion key bolt on the side you want to raise (or loosen the side you want to lower). Keep track of how many turns you make on each bolt, it might surprise you how much you can lift or lower the front of these with a few turns.

Don't forget to jack up the front of the truck to take the weight off the keys and bolts if you tweak it, I've heard of guys breaking the bolt heads if the weight is on them. Maybe spray PB Blaster or WD 40 on the threads a few times the rest of the week just in case, and check it out on the weekend. That's what I've always done if I adjust them. I remember doing it for the first time 19 years ago on a '95 Z71, haha.

You could also sit in the driver's seat and have someone else measure the heights for a more accurate reading, haha. It is more important that it's level and aligned with you in it right? The bolts underneath will rarely match, and that doesn't matter at all (unless one is going to fall out).