Powerbrake?

SSAlaska

I remember this question being asked before, if I remember correctly someone said torque braking off the line causes the pcm to retard timing and the best times with mostly stock trucks is to go from idle.  Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

Yes.

A stock PCM will not like brake stalling. :nonod:

A nicely tuned PCM will allow you to stall and get some benefit. :D

Can you elaborate on "nicely tuned PCM"?? I have the Westers 93 hot tune... Does this "nicely tuned PCM" have to be personally tuned?

I remember this question being asked before, if I remember correctly someone said torque braking off the line causes the pcm to retard timing and the best times with mostly stock trucks is to go from idle.  Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

Yes.

A stock PCM will not like brake stalling. :nonod:

A nicely tuned PCM will allow you to stall and get some benefit. :D

Can you elaborate on "nicely tuned PCM"?? I have the Westers 93 hot tune... Does this "nicely tuned PCM" have to be personally tuned?

There are several abuse modes that need to be disabled. Otherwise the PCM will fight against brake stalling. I have not seen a Westers tune before, but I suspect they leave a little bit of the "protective features" of the stock tune in there unless you specifically request a full race type tune.

Archived