New Member with Sierra Denali-do we have the same drivetrain?

Hey Guys,

First off, thank you for having me on your forums. I picked up a 2002 SD a couple months ago. Wanted that or a Silverado SS but couldn't find an SS that was affordable in my area so went the Denali route.

I'd like to replace the u-joints on my truck as I think they are shot, especially the front. I'm trying to find replacements but the research is giving me mixed answers about what brand/parts fit.

Now this is a stretch, but I was hoping the SS might share driveline components with my truck since they are both AWD. Mine is 4.10 gearing, which I think some if not all of the SS had (not sure if that matters). That said, does anyone know what part numbers I could use to replace the front and rear u-joints on my truck??

Any help is much appreciated. I look forward to participating on these forums as I'm sure there are some good threads related to performance as well. :thumbsup:

Pic of the truck. denali2.jpg

Thanks guys.

I'm in Orange. You make a good point and I've been debating on doing that. Usually I like to have the parts lined up for a job like this but taking the joints out and matching them up at the parts store might be the best bet.

I'm in Orange. You make a good point and I've been debating on doing that. Usually I like to have the parts lined up for a job like this but taking the joints out and matching them up at the parts store might be the best bet.
I have a guy I have been dealing with for a long time and trust his knowledge I know that's kind of hard nowadays, hopefully they can square you away first shot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Does the SD have blocks in the rear? The SS does not for the lower stanced. This may be a little off topic but just trying to help out some as differences if you may need to know down the line.

Truck looks very nice sir. Is that AWS also? My buddy had a SD w/AWS but as time goes on I forgot what years AWS was offered.