6.2 Swap is worth it?

it is worth to make the swap from 6.0 (lq9) to a 6.2 (l92) or is better to throw a cam, stall, injector, etc. in my 6.0

if is worth it what do I need to make the swap workable?

I have a complete L92 with only 8k miles and an l76 intake on top of it. I've been trying to get that thing loaded in the SS or put it to use in something else, but work doesn't allow time. But if your going to sped the money for an L92 I personally think you should just the other mods instead, more bang for buck unless your running on a busted Lq9

it is not worth the swap but not going to be cheap .you will need a 24x 2 58x crank box conversion extend your knock and cam sensor

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=L460065397&Category_Code=C163#.UeY5QOAdtvc

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/tech/0903gmhtp_2001_chevy_camaro_z28_ls3_dual_disc_clutch_wiring_harness_install/

Edited by hpjunky (see edit history)

I thought about doing this before but you have to change a few things around. I'd just work on the lq9 unless your buying one of the built crate engines. Make it worth all the money n work. When my lq9 comes out ill probably be sticking in a built 427 lsx engine :)

I thought about doing this before but you have to change a few things around. I'd just work on the lq9 unless your buying one of the built crate engines. Make it worth all the money n work. When my lq9 comes out ill probably be sticking in a built 427 lsx engine :)

:withstupid: you better believe if this 6.0 is coming outta my good ole SS its gonna be for a 427 :devil:

I have a complete L92 with only 8k miles and an l76 intake on top of it. I've been trying to get that thing loaded in the SS or put it to use in something else, but work doesn't allow time. But if your going to sped the money for an L92 I personally think you should just the other mods instead, more bang for buck unless your running on a busted Lq9

Consider selling your L92?

Slap A Maggie and some Bolt-on's and maybe a cam and youll probably make more or the same power!

A maggied 6.0 with a cam and bolt ons making the same power as a L92 swap? No way. Id build the 364, as you'd see more gains for less money. But if you're set on swap, go big or go home.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/81759-new-lsx-bowtie-427-for-boosted-arp-callies-je/