What stupid sensor did I just break? *pic*

90zxdriver

So, like an idiot, I somehow managed to break this stupid plastic sensor off the side of the motor as I was doing my hydroboost conversion. It is in the head on the driver side just behind the alternator. It has two wires that plug into it. What is it so I can order a new one? My guess was a temp sensor.

0LIUGRz.jpg

Yes it is the coolant temp sensor. I did the same thing when I did my hydroboost conversion lol.

I just took a zip tie around the sensor, one around the connector wires, and one connecting the two and ran with it. I never had a problem with it.

I will be redoing my harness so I have a new one that is going to put on.

Yes it is the coolant temp sensor. I did the same thing when I did my hydroboost conversion lol.

I just took a zip tie around the sensor, one around the connector wires, and one connecting the two and ran with it. I never had a problem with it.

Hahahaha you hill billy! Go get a new ECT sensor and put it in! Lol!

For those that have done the hydro boost conversion, how are you liking it? Big difference?

Hahahaha you hill billy! Go get a new ECT sensor and put it in! Lol!For those that have done the hydro boost conversion, how are you liking it? Big difference?

love it, must do mod.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hahahaha you hill billy! Go get a new ECT sensor and put it in! Lol!For those that have done the hydro boost conversion, how are you liking it? Big difference?

love the hydroboost doubled my stopping power...I'd do that first over a bbk anyday I feel same results with alot less cost

I just realized that it was the sensor connector itself. My wire connector hold down clip broke on mine. So spend $20 on the connector or free zip ties...... if it were my sensor I would have replaced it for sure. I have a spare one on hand as it is.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I just realized that it was the sensor connector itself. My wire connector hold down clip broke on mine. So spend $20 on the connector or free zip ties...... if it were my sensor I would have replaced it for sure. I have a spare one on hand as it is.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Ah. Okay. That's a little better. I thought you rigged the sensor back together with a ziptie.