My Train Horn Scares

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to throw on a 192 decibal train horn on my truck's security system. Give the thieves a heart attack and sh*t themselves at the same time if they dare.

^^^Why what's the point we all know the truck will never see the light of day! Well only when you take it out to brush the cobwebs off it!! Wait you can't no brakes!!!

On another note the train horn thing is a sweet idea on trucks. I always laugh when I hear them!!!

Free Otto!!

I want to throw on a 192 decibal train horn on my truck's security system. Give the thieves a heart attack and sh*t themselves at the same time if they dare.

I had mine hooked up to my alarm...but it sucks cause every time you lock your truck and the little horn chirp goes off, it's the train horn, not the stock horn.

I would scare the shit out of myself every time I walked away from my truck hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I had mine hooked up to my alarm...but it sucks cause every time you lock your truck and the little horn chirp goes off, it's the train horn, not the stock horn. I would scare the shit out of myself every time I walked away from my truck hahah Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Haha yeah. Youd have to go into the driver options on the IC and change lock to "lights only" so your horn didnt go off.

I had mine hooked up to my alarm...but it sucks cause every time you lock your truck and the little horn chirp goes off, it's the train horn, not the stock horn. I would scare the shit out of myself every time I walked away from my truck hahah Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Haha, glad to hear another Silverado owner with the experience I am looking for! I was hoping to make the chirp noise disapear but you have answered my question. :chevy:

edit - Mid12sSSS thank you for that bit of info!

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

I have a Maxximus 3 horn kit on mine w/ a 5 gallon air tank and 120 psi. I love it. When I get back from this deployment, I'm getting the Nathan K3la and make it push 190-200 psi.

^^^My god, that Nathan K3La is going to be a monster. I might have to step it up and get a used P5a or K5la horn that Amtrak and MBTA P42DC's and F40's have before they added the "choke fittings" to quiet them down due to complaints.

I have a Maxximus 3 horn kit on mine w/ a 5 gallon air tank and 120 psi. I love it. When I get back from this deployment, I'm getting the Nathan K3la and make it push 190-200 psi.

Just so you know, the volume of the horns aren't from how much psi is behind them, it's mainly how big the airline is and how much airflow is going through the horn itself. Don't get me wrong the volume of 80psi compared to, lets say 180psi WILL be different but for the most part, as long as you have 1/2" airline or bigger going into that Nathan Airchime...that sucker will be knee-buckling loud!! Lol even at 120 psi

• 7 months later...
Do it man! You won't regret it. Endless laughs and fun!

Where u at thomas!? Guess what lol

What's up, man? Ha

Please tell me you go one...!? Hahah

Edited by SSilverBeast (see edit history)

What's up, man? Ha

Please tell me you go one...!? Hahah

Lol i sure did, pulled a trigger on it this morning. Should be getting it by the weekend hopefully lol. Cant wait to put it on!