procharger problems

My buddy has an 05 ss with a procharger. He has pulled the procharger off the truck for performance issues. He has had the system since brand new. He has had the the hu gone through twice by procharger. Long story short I'm trying to buy the kit off him for little of nothing. He says one day the truck would run super strong and the next day it'll just fall on it face. I think its a tuner problem or installer error. He doesn't remember if they did an sd or maf cl tune so that doesn't help any. Anyone else have problems similar to these with a procharger? Thanks all.

SD tune still uses the IAT sensor in the MAF(if the maf has been removed an aftermarket IAT needs to be installed in the iar intake) and has tables to adjust for air temp(maybe reynaldo can confirm). My truck has no problem running at 90 degrees or 40 degrees with an SD tune and open loop only.

I dont think the head unit is the issue. It has one purpose and its to creat air, compress it and force it into the motor, If the impeller is spinning and creating air, its not the HU. I have 2 procharged cars, and I have never had a issue like this unless it was a tuning issue. How are they tuning it?? what software are they using, is it a mail order tune?

So I finally got to go see the supercharger and talk to the guy. He opens the box up And its not even a procharger. It an older right hand side mount whipple..... I was ready to buy... Sorry I waisted your guys time..