Can't adjust driver seat back

When I try to adjust the seat back on the drivers side I hear clicking but no motion. All other functions work (fwd/rev of the entire seat, up down on the seat bottom) and all functions work on the passenger seat. So I partially disassembed the seat and ran a voltmeter to the motor leads, and I have no indication of power getting to the motor even though I still hear the clicking when I engage the switch. Also I noticed on the motor driveshaft there is the piece going to the gearbox, then on the other side of the motor, still on the driveshaft ,is another electrical device, what is it's function and does it have anything to do with my issue? If not then is it internal to the BCM?

Clicking like a single click each time you hit the button? Or a repetitive clicking when you hold the button? Is the clicking coming from the seat? I was under the impression the seat just has power and the switches put the power where it needs to go.

Ok. I'm no expert, I just assumed regular clicks as long as you hold which would indicate that your power test at the motor was false but in this case, I'm sure you're right. Now I wonder, is there a relay your switch controls? Or does it go straight to the motor? Keep us posted if you fix it.

Did a little more investigation today. I've got 12V coming off the switch when engaged. Followed those wires and they do go into the BCM and I still have 12V's going in. There must be a relay (probably a bunch of relys inside there) as the wire size going in is quite a bit smaller then coming out feeding the motors. Today I heard two clicks one when I first engage the switch and I did get about a 6V reading at the motor then another click when the relay released I guess, even though I still had the switch engaged, and the voltage dropped to zero. It happens fast enough that the motor doesn't get power to make even the slightest movement. So it looks like I'm BCM shopping. I haven't removed the BCM but I don't imagine there is much I can do in there anyways.