Who's installed a FAST 102 intake?

gcosse05

Lots of guys on here have ran those before go to engine tech n modification and search fast 102 something has to pop up.....or you can go thru potato land 9sec build ik he's running that intake not sure if he went into detail on install in his build tho. http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/81488-potato-land-build-9s140mph-goal/

Edit: actually I just found this write up on install with pics

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/73553-fast-lsxrt-install-with-lotsa-pics/?hl=%2Bfast+%2B102

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

yeah i got one on. some advise since this is your first time doing this it will make it easier . if you pull the alternator out of the way even thou its not necessary it will make it easier to get it in and adjust the front stem vent line cause your going to have to bend it and tweek it a lil to clear the fast intake at the bottom front. second i wouldn't drill either of the map sensor ports for the map sensor, if i had to do it over again i would have just hooked the map sensor on a vacuum line and zip tie it on and call it good and put it somewhere you can access it easy because if you put it in the rear position you got to pull the whole intake off to get to it and if you put it in the top position its just plain ugly , imo lol . zip tie all tubes going onto the intake to secure them from popping off. i also loaded all of the bolts into the intake prior to mounting it so the bolts would drop in when it got into position seemed to work better then putting bolts in after you mount it. after mounting it look at the gaps between the heads and manifold and make sure they are all equal and dont over torque it . take your time it needs to sit perfect!

as said above its best to move the alternator it makes life much easier. and also as for the map sensor ports i drilled out the top one where the manual suggests. i was originally gonna put it in the back but it kept blowing out way to easily for some reason. wound up having to close the hole and put it in the ugly one up top. as jon said if you want to make it look best just run it in a vacuum line. for some reason when i mounted mine the gap on the passenger side was bigger than the drivers side. once i tightened it down a little the gap went away and sits flush

Ok great, Im taking notes on all of this. Im trying to get my hands on a TPIS 102mm throttly body as we speak. Xlink is ordered. Man TPIS has a high core charge huh!?

I would just put a ls3 throttle body on there and call it good . 102 mm t/b is kinda a waste unless everything leading up to it is also 4" or bigger.

I planned on making everything up to there bigger than stock, as close to size as i could to the 102.. though I have not gotten that far yet and idk if MAF sensors come that big or close to that big.. that's the only spot I can see having trouble matching the larger size of the intake. Thanks for the input and its something I will definitely consider/keep in mind. If it will only make a fraction of a difference i cant see justifying all the extra money for the 102mm TB.. I've never messed with changing manifolds and throttle bodies and all that stuff before. I do know I spent almost a thousand dollars for a 102mm intake so damnit I want the throttle body to match lol. I most probably going with the trick flow 225 heads and the cam specs are not certain yet but I should move some air!

i run a 90mm LS2 tb and all my plumbing is 4' on the passenger side with my procharger setup. fits fine with no problems and nothing blows apart. the 102 tb's are alot of money i dont see the need unless your going for some serious power

That's my write up. I would do it again, However a few changes 1=I would get a vapor kit like the keith urban or ebay kit. it's a mess if you run the adapter plate. A 102 or adapter 90 to 102 is a must. or else it has drivability problems.

if installed correctly it will not leak but has to much size and flow it needs a proper tuner it looks and acts like a manifold leak but was fixed by proper tuning. I now wanna try and add some pressure to it with a procharger

I upgraded to 4" maf and intake plumbing. Used a spector maf tube for card style and intake with a new silicone elbow. Thats when you notice a snappy throttle response.

Edited by evand (see edit history)

That's my write up. I would do it again, However a few changes 1=I would get a vapor kit like the keith urban or ebay kit. it's a mess if you run the adapter plate. A 102 or adapter 90 to 102 is a must. or else it has drivability problems.

if installed correctly it will not leak but has to much size and flow it needs a proper tuner it looks and acts like a manifold leak but was fixed by proper tuning. I now wanna try and add some pressure to it with a procharger

I upgraded to 4" maf and intake plumbing. Used a spector maf tube for card style and intake with a new silicone elbow. Thats when you notice a snappy throttle response.

thanks fir the input. I've got a 102mm TPIS throttle body. Tell me more about this vapor kit?