DWG or DXF SS File

teamvortec

I have been looking and searching trying to find a dwg or dxf of the SS logo without any success. I was hoping someone here had one they would email me. So will someone please help a fellow member out, I have a couple of cool ideas I would like to try.

One thing is the cold air kit I got off eBay does not have a lid on it. It came with a seal to help it seal to the hood but it is not close. I am making a lid for it and wanted to cut the SS out of it and attach a peice of plexi to the bottom painted red with the lid painted black. I hope that makes sense. The company I work for is called TRUMPF, they manufacture Lasers punch machines and break presses. My job is to install them and work on them in the field so I could play with different "goverment jobs".

I have the lid drawn I just need a logo to put on the drawing then I can cut it and bend. Figured $60 for the kit then custom lid can't beat that. And the polished and red on the kit looks good with the red truck.

Edited by teamvortec (see edit history)

I like that idea. I made a plexi cover with a sticker, but i think a two layer cover would look good! And if you could, go with a aluminum like the second pic. Plexi scratches very easily. But i guess if you paint the bottom side of the plexi and not the top, you should be okay.

Heres mine

ramair6_zps02c57e69.jpg

Heres an example of a two layer.

image_url-13912-1296974926_zps73419572.jpg

That is similiar to what I was thinking. I am also thinking about just etching it into the metal and not cut it out all the way, but I like the idea of a logo window. Here is a pic of the one I bought and the divider walls are different then the one you pictured but it would still look good I think.

post-25079-0-02199900-1374617621_thumb.jpg

Hmm.. I think a lid will be harder to build for yours. The Volant has a lid out of the box, but its ugly. So just use the lid from the kit as a jig and make your own. So are you gonna build a whole custom box for your CAI?

I am just going to use the divider walls it came with and cut a lid on the laser and bend the edges to over lap onto the sides. I figured just make the lid where it comes close to the inner fender and radiator support. As for the over lapping the divider walls I am going to just bend the edges 90 degree and attache some locking bolts onto it to hold it in place.

• 4 weeks later...