New Member from Glenn Dale, MD

Hey, fellas im new to the forums as you can tell but i dont have a silverado yet. The goal is to buy one next year a 2003-2006 silverado 1500 or 2500hd crew cab but i have a few questions from you experienced members. I'm looking for the best building platform for performance, not to familiar of the truck scene. The size of the bed doesn't matter but I'm looking for the model with the best potential. I want to twin turbo it and will be fully building engine, transmission and suspension of course. Please help I wanna make sure I buy the right truck and couldn't really use the search engine for my answers. What liter truck, gas or diesel, model 1500 or 2500 etc.

I say get gas, Diesel makes crazy torque, If your going built it doesn't really matter what size if your going if you go with bigger cubes

yeah you got a point I guess it doesn't make a difference if I'm building it. I just thought if I started on a bigger platform but it would be less money in the long run lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the site. I'd do a 6.0 build with a 1500. If your gonna be doing all this work make it just like you want it. Personally I'd use an Awd platform like a 03 to 05 SS but maybe I'm a little bias. GL

Welcome to the site. I'd do a 6.0 build with a 1500. If your gonna be doing all this work make it just like you want it. Personally I'd use an Awd platform like a 03 to 05 SS but maybe I'm a little bias. GL

so basically a 6 liter 1500 I'm down with that & does the ss come in a crew cab? or just extended cab?

so basically a 6 liter 1500 I'm down with that & does the ss come in a crew cab? or just extended cab?

just extended cab anything else is a clone.

I spoke to 2 Diesel shops this week who stated with a few bolt ons and a tune they could get 500rwhp and 500fpt from a Chevy Diesel any more and you risk blowing the tranny.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2