Picked up a new Daily/Tow rig

zachm89

Well since both the SS and fourth gen are paid off and not really big enough to easily get my 1 year old in and out of I decided it was time to step up to something a little larger. I picked up a 2006 2500HD crew cab, short bed 2wd Duramax on Monday. Bone stock other than cat & muffler delete and surprisingly enough its still ridiculously quiet! Only had it for a week but I absolutely love it, I wish I would have bought one a long time ago! The nerf bars will be ripped off this weekend for sure, I can't stand them and at 6'5" I really dont need them, haha. I'll be keeping my eye out on CL and ebay for some factory tow mirrors because the half ton style mirrors just dont look right on there IMO. Also already have HIDs for lows and fogs on the way and debating whether I'm going to drop the rear to level it out or raise the front. Being 2wd and a highway only truck I'm leaning more towards shackles in the rear. Here's some pics!

6D5D7997-9E12-49BA-B719-257453AB8C66-63609-00000354EFCFDCD6_zpsaf8a0d1b.jpg

F33AA7F3-1FA7-4AC0-810D-5A14C91B4C25-63609-000003550DB28C9D_zps35bb2b50.jpg

D02797BA-FF0A-4BC9-BAF3-DC7B00E2B76C-63609-0000035514FEAB02_zps9d493408.jpg

Very nice rig. I'm wanting to get a diesel soon too.

You definitely wont be disappointed. If youre looking to buy a Duramax try to find one 06 or newer. The redesigned motor for 06 & 07Classic were much improved over the 04-05 and older.

nice truck! simple things like cleared lights, colormatching bumper cap, flares, and handles will really make it look nice imo and yea the 06-07c LBZ engines are far superior, but people usually want gold for them. hard to find a real good deal

Congrats, love a D-max!

My SS is almost paid off and a Duramax is next on the list. My friend has an 05' CC 4x4 with 1/4 million miles on it that he is finally thinking about replacing. I'll buy it as soon as he will sell it only because I know the history of it and it has been taken care of since he bought it new. If not, I have been looking of a 06-07 Classic with a sunroof for the improved motor but like mentioned above, people want stupid money for them with stupid miles. I just can't justify paying $30+ for a 6-7 year old truck with over 100k miles. Diesel or not, everything else is no different than any other truck (suspension, front end, brakes, body, interior, ect.)

Yeah a D-max is on my list also! I love the way the SS looks towing the toys to the playground haha but man I want the SS to be a shiny garage project and a D-max would fill the gap perfectly plus allow me to get a big toyhauler :) Anyways thats a great find man, I need that same thing in 4wd which means, like others have said, hard to find GOLD!

I say level the front end the truck will look like it has a small lift on it and yes a DMA is wicked fun but expensive when things go wrong.The Allison tranny is about 8 grand to overhaul.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I say level the front end the truck will look like it has a small lift on it and yes a DMA is wicked fun but expensive when things go wrong.The Allison tranny is about 8 grand to overhaul. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

No no no. Slam it on some semi wheels, with spike lug nut covers, LED tail lights, and tow the world.