How to go from AWD to 2wd??

Hello fellow motor heads. I just signed in and this is my first topic so please bear with me if I do something wrong. My issue is that im a owner of a 03 silverado ss and im wanting to remove the awd and only have 2wd. Main reason is because the front diff has bad bearing on the driver side and was told to just remove the awd parts and set them aside until I can afford to rebuild all of it at once. Money is tight right now, I have four kids and need my truck to stay on the road. So,whats the best and cheapest rout for doing away with awd? Can the transfer case stay for now until I get a hold on a longer drive shaft? Do I need new spindels(2wd model spindels)? Any and all replies would be greatly appreciated and remember, im new so please excuse my mistakes if any. Thanks, please help a fellow with some knowledge :)

Ok, so fixing the front diff is my goal:) thanks fellas. Now help me with this. On the driver side of the diff there is a bearing where the cv joint meets. Does the diff have to be dis-assembled to replace that bearing and seal? That is the only problem right now and if I fix tgat bearing I can keep awd :)

Just got a haynes repair manuel from auto zone and it seis for awd bearing all that I need is a slide hammer and a special tool to replace bearing and seal on drivers side. Anyone know about this? Allready did passenger side and it was simple.