texas speed is no good

TSP has always been good to me.

They completely jacked up my cam specs on the last cam I ordered and I had the right one two days later.

I just recently ordered a bunch of parts including another custom grind cam for the Camaro

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they made a mistake, attempted to correct it quickly & then refunded your money without hassle? Doesn't sound like terrible service, just a mistake. Why slam them? It isn't like they took your hard earned dollars and never sent you the product. Hope you found the exhaust elsewhere at a low price.

i can understand mistakes but from a company pov if i called and got a price then wanted to pay for it and they said hold on is one thing

BUT i paid in full sent me a receipt waiting for my new corsa sport then would not honor the sale thats B.S.

Under business law if you complete a contract via written or verbal with a payment and receipt of sale, that is a binding contract that they must honor it... So with this said if you made a complaint and spoke to managment with this info they will honor your agreeded upon original price or risk lawsuit

ive made some big purchases through them and got my package a day earlier than they said. i have heard a few bad stories about them tho. maybe they could of handled themselves a little better on the phone but i dont know both sides really. in the end of the day you got refunded and it was just a mis quoted price

Ok don't get me wrong I DO like Texas Speed. But the fact remains that they quoted one price, changed him for it, and it wasn't until THEY found out THEY made a mistake. They call him back and pull that crap. It's wrong no matter what. They as a company need to take it on the chin and send him the parts as they quoted him.

Im going to have to side with the OP on this one... Yes Texas Speed is a very reputable company and have served many of us well over the years the fact still remains that he was quoted for the price, invoiced and charged in full for the exhaust and not until after the sale was final did someone at TSP realize that they messed up. I would call them back and ask to speak with Tyler (pretty sure thats his name) He is one of the owners and a very cool and understanding guy. If they still refuse to honor the original sale I wouldn't be hesitant at all to throw the word lawsuit around. It isnt even about the price difference anymore, its about owning up to your mistakes and if that means taking a hit on an exhaust to keep a customer happy then they should do just that.

Edited by zachm89 (see edit history)

Filing a lawsuit against a company like that is a waste of time. You have to pay for a attorney, filing etc, by that time you already spent more than what the exhaust would have cost. He got his money back, noboby was taken for anything other than a mis guided price. Move on. I would have been a little upset as well, but you have to look at it if it were you. Would take that big of a hit if you noticed the mistake?? I know I wouldnt.

The law is the law.... blah blab blah. Thats like saying pissing in the wind is a good idea. Been a dealer of Trevor and Jason for several years. They have always done me and all my customers right. In the event of a screw up they have taken care of it. Yes I have had the exact thing happen to me with TSP. Shit happens and they didnt steal your money. You really thought they should eat a part that the price is below dealer cost? Really? Go buy it on ebay if you are that upset about it. Then come slam some Tiawaneese company for sending you a knockoff of a Corsa.

Im going to have to side with the OP on this one... Yes Texas Speed is a very reputable company and have served many of us well over the years the fact still remains that he was quoted for the price, invoiced and charged in full for the exhaust and not until after the sale was final did someone at TSP realize that they messed up. I would call them back and ask to speak with Tyler (pretty sure thats his name) He is one of the owners and a very cool and understanding guy. If they still refuse to honor the original sale I wouldn't be hesitant at all to throw the word lawsuit around. It isnt even about the price difference anymore, its about owning up to your mistakes and if that means taking a hit on an exhaust to keep a customer happy then they should do just that.

You are an idiot Zach... go play with your dinky vieanna. Just be glad you didnt go to work there... my bet this would have been your screw up. :jester:

So your going to slam someone for what they believe was wrong, because your a dealer of Texas Speed. Sounds a little bias to me, but that's cool. If someone made a mistake at THEIR company it's THEIR problem not the customer. So quit being a ass clown and let the guy speak his piece. This is a section in the forum that people need to see who THEY want to do business with.

So your going to slam someone for what they believe was wrong, because your a dealer of Texas Speed. Sounds a little bias to me, but that's cool. If someone made a mistake at THEIR company it's THEIR problem not the customer. So quit being a ass clown and let the guy speak his piece. This is a section in the forum that people need to see who THEY want to do business with.

He said his piece and being that this is an open public forum, there will be open discussion. As for for your insults that is what is uncalled for and doesnt belong here.

As you may want to point out I called Zach an idiot. He is a good friend of mine and he knows that is a joke.

So to you sir... yes I have an opinion and it is one where I think the OP shouldnt have started this thread. The question is: What gives you the right to be the forum police? What gives you the right to insult someone for giving their opinion?

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)