the time has finally come!

bassmaster

where i can drive the SS! i bought it 2/8/13...and finally put it on the road 8/2/13. and believe me, it was gut wrenching having to park next to it every day and watch it sit there. i would start it up every few days and ride it down the street though.

so far im loving it!! everything is a huge upgrade from me 00' z71, and the AWD probably saved me from a wreck last night. love how it handles. the auto dimming mirrors are also awesome, but the past 2 nights only my driver and rear view have dimmed. are all 3 supposed to dim together?

oh ya, and love the sunroof too! as long as the sun is out, the roof will be open and windows down (it also looks badass with it open) :cool:

Thanks! But ehhh don't wanna post pics right now.. It's awfully disgraceful. It's been sitting outside and hasn't washed in 2 months, and it's black.. The interior is just as messy with my dash apart and old radio equipment everywhere lol

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

I'm busy busy! Worked 13hrs yesterday, hanging on a sandbar all day today, Kayaking tomorrow, 14hrs Tuesday. I can either get to it tomorrow morning or Wednesday for sure

Edit. Wednesday at 1pm I'm getting the nav unit installed, so that'll clean out a bunch of interior crap. There's a show I'm going to on the 17th so ill try and detail it up before that too

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)

All I can say is that's a sad story lol. Man I couldn't do it. I love driving my SSS. But I understand the busy thing. Are you putting your truck in a car show or just going to check stuff out?

well the original reason we didnt swap right away was because we wanted to sell the Sierra first, instead of it sitting around waiting for buyer. but then a tire blew, hubs went out, brakes needed replacing, some other small things. finally got it all fixed and detailed after 2 months, had it up for sale for a week then got in a tiny accident. after 3 more months we finally got around to re painting the bumper cap and straightening the bumper, threw it for sale for 2 weeks and decided enough was enough finally..so here i am now lol

not throwing her in a show already, just going with some other forum guys and hanging out. i'd still like to clean it up a lot though. the paint is swirl city so i need to spend a day or two with full correction..ugh

Correct, the passenger side mirror does not auto dim, only the drivers side and interior mirror dim.....glad to hear you got her on the road. :thumbs:

ok good to know, thanks guys! can not wait to start throwing money at her haha

Found some time to wash her and clean out some crap. And of course it's gonna rain the rest of the week. Oh well, glad to have the 3 month old layer of crap off!

Before wash went kayaking

a5y6eha8.jpg

Then got a few basic really shitty pics after wash

6y2u5abu.jpg

jepuva9u.jpg

yryqu2ud.jpg

ne7u3y7y.jpg

2avy4e6u.jpg