small evap leak

poopnewton

So I got my truck a little air born the other day and right after my check engine light came on. It's for a small leak in the evap system. I check my gas cap and it's not that. Any suggestions for what I might have knocked loose.

i have a evap leak too, my evap vent solenoid is junk, the canester piece thats on the side of the gastank... and i was told those are known for failing... they sell a 2 piece solenoid where they mount the filter piece above the tranny... but thats my problem there is 100 other evap reasons why... process of elimation i guess

What code did it throw?????

I'm not sure the code. The guy at AutoZone said it was just a small evap leak. He said it was probably my gas cap but I thought it might be something else because it came on right after I hit a driveway too fast and got a little air with the front end.

Anyway bought a new gas cap and light is still on. From what the guy at autozone told me I think it was a P0442 code. How long should it take for it to turn off if the gas cap was the problem? Also what's the easiest was to reset the check engine light if it doesn't go out on its own?

To reset the check engine light you can dis connect the negative cable form the battery for a few minutes.

That code can either be a gas cap and or the vent tube under the truck near the gas tank. Once you clear the code drive it and if the light doesnt come back on the gas cap fixed your issue. If that didnt help and the light shows back up it could be that vent tube.

I had issues with a evap issue when I first bought the truck but I don't remember what code it threw. Anyway, the Honda dealer I bought the truck from insisted it was the gas cap and replaced it twice before I finally told them it was going to the GM dealer. The GM dealer told them the the canister thing that is located by the gas can needed to be replaced but the Honda dealer didn't want to spend the $, so, they replaced the gas cap again. Light came back on. I finally told them to have the GM dealer replace the canister or they could have this 2 week old truck back. Canister replaced and have not had the problem since. I think it was either P0440 P0442 but it was three years ago, I don't remember.