Devils Own Meth kit???

Any one have experience with a devils own meth kit stage 1 or stage 2 progressive controller... It taps right into your exsisting windshield washer resevoir and is only $250 for the stage 1 boost pressure switch kit and $380 for the progressive controller kit... Which one would you guys prefer progressive or pressure switch??? Thanks so much for your inputs...

I have the Devils Own stage 1 kit. I like it!!! Seems to do the job. I think I will be stepping up to the progressive kit as I increase the boost on my D1.

What were your IAT's before and after the meth kit and did you notice a big difference in HP/TQ and if so how much gain do you think you got?

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

I think thats the biggest misunderstanding of methanol kits, lower IAT's. IF you spray before your MAF or IAT sensor you MIGHT see a slight drop in temps. However, what the methanol mixture is doing inside the combustion chamber is where you're getting your benefits from the kit. The air charge thats being mixed with the fuel inside the motor is whats going to help you out. Dont expect to see drastic drops in IAT's from installing a methanol kit because more than likely it wont even show in the IAT's. If you dont see a drop in IAT's dont be afraid and dont assume that you bought the kit for nothing, because its still doing what its designed to do. I have never installed a methanol kit on my own vehicles, but have deducted this info from many others who have had first hand experience with them. Hardly anyone I know with a meth kit on their car or truck has seen a noticeable drop in IAT's before and after install.

I think thats the biggest misunderstanding of methanol kits, lower IAT's. IF you spray before your MAF or IAT sensor you MIGHT see a slight drop in temps. However, what the methanol mixture is doing inside the combustion chamber is where you're getting your benefits from the kit. The air charge thats being mixed with the fuel inside the motor is whats going to help you out. Dont expect to see drastic drops in IAT's from installing a methanol kit because more than likely it wont even show in the IAT's. If you dont see a drop in IAT's dont be afraid and dont assume that you bought the kit for nothing, because its still doing what its designed to do. I have never installed a methanol kit on my own vehicles, but have deducted this info from many others who have had first hand experience with them. Hardly anyone I know with a meth kit on their car or truck has seen a noticeable drop in IAT's before and after install.

Well I am supercharged with a radix and utilizing a 2bar tune so I should see a little difference in IAT's as those sensors are in the intake below the screws while the meth is being injected all the way up just before the 90MM TB I have.... I am hitting 185' IAT's at 80' ambiant temps and I want a cost effective way of reducing IAT's and increasing octane as we only have 91 up here in Northern MN... N02 would be expensive to fill up here... I am loosing as much as 60-80HP to the wheels with 185' IAT's... I just want to know how good and reliable is a Devils Own kit and if anyone with a meth kit can notice any HP/TQ gains or have any dyno before or after numbers....The last thing I want is a cheap kit to go bad and ruin my 15K motor.... Thanks

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

what did they say? Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

The lady was very nice and threw in two bigger size nozzles a 10 and 12 for future boost applications as well as answer all my dumb questions... she also threw in a inline and washer fluid reservoir filter for free to prevent any debris from entering the system... I ordered the system and she instantly packaged it while I was talking to her and shipped it out with tracking number within 5 mins of me paying via paypal... awesome service...

^^^^^Wrong!!!!! I dropped OVER 70 deg on my blown S10 when I installed the meth!!!!

All my experience with meth is on a procharged D1 s10. I'm not sure how much the meth will affect a radix style charger. I was injecting after the blower and intercooler but before the throttle plate. My IAT sensor was mounted after the meth nozzle. I went from 160 deg to 90 which gave me 14 degrees of timing back! I never dynoed the truck so I don't have exact numbers but I can say that you could feel a noticeable difference in power!

do you have a link to the kits? I can find it on ebay but I've been through the first ten google pages looking for a website with some retail info and manufacture B.S. kinda stuff but it is just page after page of forums.... a link would be much appreciated!!! Thanks and if I come across any good info i'll pass it along!

Like I said, Im going solely off of all of the info gathered from personal friends that have been using methanol kits for years. Also, as stated above, I said "hardly anyone i know" has seen a noticeable drop in IAT's. I did not say that in EVERY case of using a methanol kit there will be no drop in IAT's, did I? No... So before you go blasting someone as being WRONG, try to understand that results are different for everyone and I was giving my personal opinion and outlook on methanol kits. As to the OP, I hope you get out of your kit what youre looking for and glad the customer service was on par. Devils Own makes good kits, ive never heard anything bad about them from anyone that I know personally that runs their kits.