Gauge locations

fast4popper

Hey guys! I have been changing and making more tweaks to whissle. Well in my a-pillar I have boost, fuel pressure, and trans temp for gauges. I've always wanted dual wide bands and have been thinking of where to put EM. Some of you saw my gauge pod on the rear view mirror, I liked it alot but it got heavy and I kept having to adjust the rear view mirror. So I ditched that. I want them easy to see and read, and I already have a screen in the overhead where you guys mount the dual pod and switches. So I came up with an idea. As you sit in the drivers seat, the vents to the left and right... I had billet aluminum machined to still look and function like vents but with an opening for a 2" gauge in each one. They are no at the powder coaters for a texture coat to look stock. I can also have them polished as well. I will post pics as soon as I get them back. Wondering, is this something anyone would be interested in? If so I will do a group buy. I'd have to figure out how to facilitate such a thing, and they would need assembly and what not. Pics to follow soon...

I just might be interested. I am still undecided on how and where I will run dual widebands too so this might be the ticket. I do want to see them installed and from a drivers perspective tho.

Wow, so I'm not the only one that is going to be using dual widebands on a boosted truck! I'm not sure why its not more popular, if you have a injector issue on the opposite bank that the wideband is on the motor is junk!

Wow, so I'm not the only one that is going to be using dual widebands on a boosted truck! I'm not sure why its not more popular, if you have a injector issue on the opposite bank that the wideband is on the motor is junk!

I am running two because of the direct port. 2 solenoids on each bank that can have problems. The thing is that you can only monitor what you see. Just because one bank goes lean doesn't mean you didn't hurt something before you saw it go lean.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Unless you are running a custom EFI controller, dual widebands are just that, a monitoring device. Tuning each bank seperately is not an option with our GM OS.

I am running two because of the direct port. 2 solenoids on each bank that can have problems. The thing is that you can only monitor what you see. Just because one bank goes lean doesn't mean you didn't hurt something before you saw it go lean. Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Yes, by the time you recognize an issue, there is a good chance it is too late.

I would consider saving the cost of dual gauges and just do a toggle device between two wideband sensors to one monitor (gauge).

Man, you guys act like they are use less!!! I understand that you have to see the gauge in order help prevent damage to the engine. It sound like you guys are saying we shouldn't have oil pressure gauges either!!!! If you don't see it right away, you are screwed.....I'll still run two widebands and monitor them! Ive seen WAY to many injectors plug up in my career to ignore my gauges.....