Possible Relocation to Dallas

lgowen343

So I found out today that I have a opportunity to advance in the company I've only worked for for 8 months. The kicker is that I would have to relocate to Dallas to help open new stores, and in 2 years be a Regional Sales Manager. I've been in Tucson for 33 years and my wife and I are thinking about a change in scenery. I don't know much about Dallas, driven thru once. I would also be relocating in 2 years to Houston which I also haven't been thru, but it looks great being closer to water. Just thinking out loud. Anybody have any insight in these areas. Really thinking about taking this opportunity.

Larry

It would be my wife and however many kids are coming. 2 out of my 4 live with me and they are 14 and 12. My wife is all about it. Her kids are 20 and 23. It would be a great opportunity for more money and a chance to get to Houston in 2 years where I'd like to be because of the lakes and beaches (I love fishing). Just not sure where to live in Dallas. My general manager is going to bring me out there in like 2 or 3 weeks to check the city out. Not sure really where to live or traffic or anything else. Thats why I posted to get feed back from you guys.

DFW > Tucson. Having lived in one and spend quite a bit of time in the other I can tell you DFW is pretty nice. Just like any major city there are places you dont want to live or even drive through.But what I have seen seems pretty nice.

Some of the suburbs around Dallas are very nice. Housing is cheap, There are a lot more recreation opportunities in NE Texas than there are in S Arizona. Its not quite as hot, but the winters are colder.

I have never been to Houston so I cant cay much there, exept I know that its very humid during the summer.

Both cities are great if you stay in the good areas.... Two very important things.

No state income tax in TX

Lower overall cost of living in TX.

Where will you be driving to for work? I can help you wit. Which city to live in as I have worked all over the DFW metroplex.

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)