Got hp tuners

Thatdavidkid

Made a deal with a friend on his old setup, will be getting it shortly. When I get it, what are the mandatory modifications to make? I have a non ss 5.3 2wd truck with intake muffler and vette servo.

And it's an 04...

Read, Read, Read, and Read... Just when you thought you have read enough, Read some more.... Start with researching the hptforums and then by some books like Engine Management Advanced Tuning by Greg Banish... There is also tunning school books and lots of other sources... Just read until your eyes bleed and then only then I would recommend you start removing engine TQ managment and Transmission TQ management and adjusting spark advance and VE tables and MAF tables ETC...................... GM is notrious for putting a ton of TQ management on the vehicles, Just by eliminating some of that will wake up the truck but could hurt the drivetrain if stock...

• 2 weeks later...

Read, Read, Read, and Read... Just when you thought you have read enough, Read some more.... Start with researching the hptforums and then by some books like Engine Management Advanced Tuning by Greg Banish... There is also tunning school books and lots of other sources... Just read until your eyes bleed and then only then I would recommend you start removing engine TQ managment and Transmission TQ management and adjusting spark advance and VE tables and MAF tables ETC...................... GM is notrious for putting a ton of TQ management on the vehicles, Just by eliminating some of that will wake up the truck but could hurt the drivetrain if stock...

This is the best advice. I had HPT for my cobalt SS years ago. I can't tell you the amount of hours spent reading. I was also lucky enough to attend a seminar on tuning put on by Diablosport. Wasn't exactly the same but helped none the less. Be patient when getting to the fine tuning.